Green taxes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flight, Mar 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

I've never seen this chap write anything but green propaganda..

Times article
  2. Ello, tis mi.

What ever this fellow has to say about green stuff, he has made a very intersting financial validity study.

We need to make a pressure group to focus him on leaning on parlimentarians @ the stupidity of making beer more expensive - i cannot see squaddies drinking green tea to relax - can you :?

3. Whenever I hear of people objecting to wind turbines I always wonder if they would object to an old fashioned windmill being there, creating electricity instead of grinding corn.

What makes the modern machine an eyesore whilst the ancient one is considered something wonderful?
  4. Green taxes,Gordon's excuse to tax Britons even more.

IIRC,2 pence to be added to each litre of diesel and petrol in Britain from 1st April.
  5. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

Well we arn't cloggies, don't host invasions and don't have many old windmills. If you think old windmills look nice you might well be gay.

Show me an old one which is so fukcing tall you can see it 20 miles away. As far as I'm concerned they're an advert for stupidity.