Green Student

Hi Guys, my first post. I might be going on Green Student with 29 Commando, just wondering if anyone has done this course? Any stories or info?
cheers

My old unit has sent many a chap on the aforementioned beast-a-thon! I'll get my cabbageheaded chum to get his ass back-online and post some horror stories for ya!

Pain is weakness leaving the body etc etc.... unlucky! :evil:

:idea: Don't bang on about getting shot of your 'crap hat' until you actually have a green one.

I don't, but I've seen a few matelots go off to All Arms strutting like they've already completed it, only to get binned for being a heap, a knob or both. :oops:

Usual advice to Jolly Jack from Royal is to build up upper body strength as well as your aerobic fitness before you turn up.

Oh, and something about worm omlettes. :twisted:

Spoke to a mate that did Ex. Green Student a year or so ago and all he said was:

Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys, Phys.... get the picture!

Hope that helps. Oh you get a wee badge at the end of it for your efforts though.

which most otcs dont let you wear on 95 :roll:

Capt Cheeky said:
I'll get my cabbageheaded chum to get his ass back-online and post some horror stories for ya!:
He has a donkey that can use a keyboard??

Wow!!!

Jumblesale said:
Ha ha ha. That was a really funny post.
it makes my day no week make that month if it has bought something into your life and you actually comprehend a comment i now feel that it is all worthwhile and there is a meaning to life the universe and the seven questions i am so ( continued P94 )

Capt Cheeky

One of my pet pick up-on points, that particular Americanism. QV " Get his ass kicked" - one to be reported to the local RSPCA.

Etc.

1 week commando training at 29 (Plymouth Citadel/Castle and Oakhampton/not a castle). Jolly down to lympstone too. I believe its the 1st/2nd week of june.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L OTC 7
R OTC 0
G OTC 5