Green slime?

For no particular reason...

...what is the nickname green slime all about?
Where did it come from? I assume it has something to do with green being the Corps (beret) colour, but is there more to it?

Just find all this stuff quite interesting as an outsider looking in. Its like trying to learn a foreign language lol

1979? I'm sure the name 'Green Slime' was around longer than that.

just googled it and came up with this fantastic tinfoil site:

Green Slime invades Iraq

Although I can’t prove it, what the capture of the two SAS/SRR operatives reveals is the obvious attempt on the part of the occupation forces to destabilize the situation in Iraq by attempting to divide the resistance, a classical colonial tactic that the Brits are so damn good at.

So here we have two provocateurs badly disguised as Iraqis, in a car packed with weapons and explosives who were intercepted by the Iraqi police and who clearly didn’t want to be exposed, hence the fire fight. The obvious conclusion to draw is that they were going to plant bombs that would then be blamed on the ‘insurgents’ and/or the Iranians.
8O

cpunk

LE
Gust.Avrakotos said:
Where did it come from? I assume it has something to do with green being the Corps (beret) colour...
Golly, could that be the answer? It had never occurred to me. I'd assumed it was because of all those letters I used to write to CGS in green ink, suggesting how he could reform the army...

cpunk said:
Gust.Avrakotos said:
Where did it come from? I assume it has something to do with green being the Corps (beret) colour...
Golly, could that be the answer? It had never occurred to me. I'd assumed it was because of all those letters I used to write to CGS in green ink, suggesting how he could reform the army...
Thats why nothing happened mate. He was colour blind. :D

Alfie_Boy said:
I'm sure he worked in HQ Int & Sy GP UK at Wilton in the early 80's

Rodney2q

In my day (cough), it was always the "Gardening Corps." "Green Slime" seemed to come in with books written by "them" or am I just having a Bushmills moment?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrunoNoMedals Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 7
DesktopCommando Int Corps 7
M The NAAFI Bar 5