Green Pass BPFA???

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by montmorency, May 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on a course next week and part of the entry requirement is a Green Pass on your BPFA as TA category B we don't really do BPFA's and our PTI doesn't really know. What is a green pass???

Currently i do 44 press ups with about 20 seconds to spare - but i need all of that time to recover!! and 53 sit ups in 2 min and i run my 1.5 miles in 9.35 mins. Is that a green pass??

Cheers guys

2. Alright mate, you can find the BPFA requirements if you click this link, go to resources and click Basic Personal Fitness Assessment.

Hope this helps.
  3. 10 min 30 for the run

44 Press Ups

50 Sit Ups

(Assuming you're a male under 30)
  4. I bean told you dont do press up or sits ups now on the BPFA all you have to do is the following

1.5 Mile run
    Jerry can
    Back extension
    Static lift
    & Lift 55kg's to 1.45 metres(Height of 4 tonne truck)

Is this true or not? this is for reg army tho
  5. That's not a BPFA mate, that's what you do at the Recruit Selection Centre. A BPFA is a Basic Personal Fitness Assessment, which is something you do twice a year once you're in the Army. :) :wink:
  6. Hum... green pass link doesn't work so I've dug up a new one: Clicky
  7. "Alright mate, you can find the BPFA requirements if you click this link, go to resources and click Basic Personal Fitness Assessment."

Can`t seem to get this link to work.

Would somebody be so kind as to tell me what scores I need to get a `green` as a 36 year old?
  8. I thought Green/Amber/Red all went out of the window years ago?

9. You may well be right.

I just need to try & find out how fast I have to run the 1.5 many sit ups & press ups (or whatever) I need to do, in order to pass as a 36 year old male. Can anyone advise me?
  10. 11:30 on the run. Somewhere around 41 press ups and 48 sit ups IIRC.
  11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's just pass or fail now. The green, amber, red has gone out the window along with the title BPFA. It's now a Personal Fitness Test.

For a 36 year old male you need to do 39 press ups in 2 minutes, followed by 43 sit-ups in 2 minutes and then run 2.4 km (mile and a half) in less than 11 min 30 secs or reach level 9.4 on the 'beep-test'.

MATT2 opens a pdf. Scroll down to page 34.
  12. Cheers RP, I wasn't that far off then :roll:

13. Cheers Guys. :D
  14. Would the grinning face seem to imply that you can already achieve that!?!!?