Green MP Caroline Lucas - Cash for Access to Parliament

Blair is now an irrelevance. He hasn’t been in power for over 10 years. Get over it.
Is being in power relevant to anything? Is one absolved of abusing one’s position when one is no longer in that position?

Oh, Green has never been in power so on your notion of being out of power making it all ok, she hasn’t done anything wrong.

Your fervent loathing of Johnson is making you look a bit of an immature cock.

Chef

LE
I may have mentioned a trainee being instantly dismissed for irregularities with his exes. The area manager when telling him of the decision said;

'It isn't the amount of money involved it is the principal, £1 or £1,000,000, as a public servant you are in a position of trust and you have abused it.'

Something which doesn't seem to apply to MPs of any shape or party.

Westminster would be like a ghost town if MPs were treated the same as other public servants.

I don’t think it is quite as straightforward as staying at a mates place. Looks like a series of claims and counter claims.

In order to look above board, The PM of this country, shouldn’t be needing to get holidays off of anyone. He should be able to stump up himself.

Let’s not discuss this any further. I don’t want to derail this thread.
You already did.

I note that there is listed an allegation against Kate Osamor MP and Ruth Cadbury MP doing pretty much the same thing that was upheld by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards

That case appears to have rumbled on for a year with the ruling made in May 2019, so Lucas can hardly say she didn’t know the rules.

The Parliamentary Commissioner, Kathryn Stone, states in her summary that ‘both acknowledged their breach, apologised and undertook not to repeat it’.

So that’s okay then.

Frankly, I don’t believe Lucas will get even a stiff talking to.

Don’t you just love that cosy little club that is Parliament?
Interesting link. It also shows:
Fatty Lammy declaring late a dozen payments for speaking events
Several Sinn Féin MP's not declaring jollies to New York or Venezuela

Of the twelve Rectifications:
Sinn Féin - 6
Labour - 4
Conservative - 2
:roll:

Chef

LE
I was under the impression that MP's are public servants, voted in, and paid for by us, to do our bidding, or am I being a little naïve?
Stone me @A signaller , a little naive?

How many other public servants (in that you're right*) can 'accidentally' claim thousands in expenses and when found out just pay them back and that's it?

Flip main residences on a regular basis with no questions asked: 'This is my main, read 'Most profitable' residence despite the rest of my family living at my other gaff and my children going to school from the other gaff'

And breathe.

*MPs were self employed until they realised that some of the taxes they'd passed would cost them as well. At which point they redefined themselves as civil servants. Whilst still keeping as many expenses as they could. Used to drive the dad of my first girlfriend (early 70s) mad. He had a factory that actually produced stuff.

NSP

LE
Blair is now an irrelevance. He hasn’t been in power for over 10 years. Get over it.
Thatcher hasn't been in power for even longer and thus must be a bigger irrelevance but that doesn't stop certain Labour MPs from blaming her for all and sundry occuring today.

NSP

LE
Lamb is tastier...
Mary had a little lamb
You've heard this tale before
But did you know she passed her plate
And had a little more...?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
As a matter of interest, why can’t BJ just pay for his own holidays like everyone else has to?
Then there cannot be any insinuation that he owes anyone anything.
Stop whining, there’s a good chap...

Tool

LE
Mary had a little lamb
You've heard this tale before
But did you know she passed her plate
And had a little more...?
Mary had a little lamb,
Her father killed it dead.
She takes her lamb to school each day
between two slices of bread.

Caroline Lucas needs a slap around the head. As do all of the parliamentarians for taking the expenses p*ss.

NSP

LE
Mary had a little lamb
She tied it to a pylon
Ten thousand volts shot up its arse
And turned its wool to nylon

Tool

LE
Mary had a little lamb
She tied it to a pylon
Ten thousand volts shot up its arse
And turned its wool to nylon
Mary had a little lamb,
Its fleece was black as soot.
Everywhere her lamb he went,
his sooty foot he put.

More like Billy Smarts seeing as it's full of clowns!
Fheckin 'ell mate, what have clowns ever done to you?

i is obliviously discounterising "commissioned" clowns, cos they can't help being dickbrains.
it might be the soup at Sandhurst