Green MP Caroline Lucas - Cash for Access to Parliament

Not when there's a thread specifically for that purpose no.

I'd much rather listen to you justifying how Lucas is only a little bit fraudy because "party funds".
I’m not justifying her actions, I have said she should be punished for what she did.

However someone referred to it as a backhander, that infers it was for herself, when it was in fact for her party.

It doesn’t look like interference in an election to me. It looks like she has broken the rules and accepted £150 for something that she shouldn’t have done. That had had no bearing on the election. The person who gave the £150 to her could have just donated it to her party legally and was not interfering in the election. She was the wrong doer.

I’m definitely more concerned about a PM who either needs a £15,000 handout from a businessman when he earned about £250,000 last year from The Daily Telegraph or he feels it’s appropriate to do so when he has the money.
It was you that suggested she accepted it to fund her party in the run up to the election. So she either accepted a personal bung or she used dirty money to fund her party in the run up to an election. Neither are great.

Re Boris (is there a thread on which you don't bang on about him?) he didn't get a £15k handout. His mate had a property that he wasn't using that he lent him the use of. Have you seriously never stayed in a mates place overseas? It's not unusual (though admittedly with my mates its more like an apartment in the south of france than villa in the Caribbean but the principle is the same). Just because I can afford to pay for an apartment if my pals not using his and its not rented out why waste money needlessly?

It was you that suggested she accepted it to fund her party in the run up to the election. So she either accepted a personal bung or she used dirty money to fund her party in the run up to an election. Neither are great.

Re Boris (is there a thread on which you don't bang on about him?) he didn't get a £15k handout. His mate had a property that he wasn't using that he lent him the use of. Have you seriously never stayed in a mates place overseas? It's not unusual (though admittedly with my mates its more like an apartment in the south of france than villa in the Caribbean but the principle is the same). Just because I can afford to pay for an apartment if my pals not using his and its not rented out why waste money needlessly?

I don’t think it is quite as straightforward as staying at a mates place. Looks like a series of claims and counter claims.

In order to look above board, The PM of this country, shouldn’t be needing to get holidays off of anyone. He should be able to stump up himself.

Let’s not discuss this any further. I don’t want to derail this thread.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
As a matter of interest, why can’t BJ just pay for his own holidays like everyone else has to?
Then there cannot be any insinuation that he owes anyone anything.
Ever accepted a Freebie off of anyone?

If so, you have glass house/stone interface problems...

Wordsmith

As a matter of interest, why can’t BJ just pay for his own holidays like everyone else has to?
Then there cannot be any insinuation that he owes anyone anything.
‘Like everyone else has to?’
May I draw your attention to some former VIP called Blair (not Eric) and his vacation dealings with, inter alia, a chap called Berlusconi.

I’m definitely more concerned about a PM who either needs a £15,000 handout from a businessman when he earned about £250,000 last year from The Daily Telegraph or he feels it’s appropriate to do so when he has the money.
Those high maintenance girlfriends and numerous children don’t come cheap.

‘Like everyone else has to?’
May I draw your attention to some former VIP called Blair (not Eric) and his vacation dealings with, inter alia, a chap called Berlusconi.
Yes and him and well.
Is there anyone else from the past that you want to mention in order to deflect?

I note that there is listed an allegation against Kate Osamor MP and Ruth Cadbury MP doing pretty much the same thing that was upheld by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards

That case appears to have rumbled on for a year with the ruling made in May 2019, so Lucas can hardly say she didn’t know the rules.

The Parliamentary Commissioner, Kathryn Stone, states in her summary that ‘both acknowledged their breach, apologised and undertook not to repeat it’.

So that’s okay then.

Frankly, I don’t believe Lucas will get even a stiff talking to.

Don’t you just love that cosy little club that is Parliament?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Palace of Westminster, the seat of UK Government is not, and should not be treated as, Disneyworld.
Oh. Hang on ...
More like Billy Smarts seeing as it's full of clowns!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

I don’t think it is quite as straightforward as staying at a mates place. Looks like a series of claims and counter claims.

In order to look above board, The PM of this country, shouldn’t be needing to get holidays off of anyone. He should be able to stump up himself.

Let’s not discuss this any further. I don’t want to derail this thread.
Yeah, you tell him, it's not as if that nice honest Mr Blair did anything wrong!

Yeah, you tell him, it's not as if that nice honest Mr Blair did anything wrong!
Oi you there... yes you Sir! You are clearly and wilfully deflecting and it must stop right now.

It is ok to drag Boris in a thread about Ms Green but it is NOT ok to mention Blair in the same context in the same thread. Got that?

Not me making the rules guv, honest. It’s that @wetsmonkey wot says so ok.

ACAB

LE
It’s hardly derailing is it. You just don’t happen to want to discuss it, there’s a difference.
Sod off to the Boris Johnson post then you utter mong and stop derailing this one.

Oi you there... yes you Sir! You are clearly and wilfully deflecting and it must stop right now.

It is ok to drag Boris in a thread about Ms Green but it is NOT ok to mention Blair in the same context in the same thread. Got that?

Not me making the rules guv, honest. It’s that @wetsmonkey wot says so ok.
Blair is now an irrelevance. He hasn’t been in power for over 10 years. Get over it.

Latest Threads