Green MP Caroline Lucas - Cash for Access to Parliament

It’s doesn’t sit right with me, regardless of it being Boris. He earns enough to go on holiday, if Mustique is too expensive for him, then he should go somewhere cheaper like we all have to. £15k is over half the yearly wage of a lot of the population.

I’m sure that he isn’t going to be forced to do a favour for the money, but it doesn’t look great when The PM is in a position that businessmen have to pay for his holidays.

Most if not all public sector jobs wouldn’t allow you to accept such a massive gratuity from a businessman.
Again, take it up with him if you're not happy.

Better yet, go bitch about it in the Boris thread instead of derailing this one.

A specific one as I pointed out to you twice. Start your own thread about the general behaviour if you want. Given your current flurry of postings, it is to be hoped you aren't in any deductive or analyst post.
What’s a deductive post?

Again, take it up with him if you're not happy.

Better yet, go bitch about it in the Boris thread instead of derailing this one.
It’s hardly derailing is it. You just don’t happen to want to discuss it, there’s a difference.

It’s doesn’t sit right with me, regardless of it being Boris. He earns enough to go on holiday, if Mustique is too expensive for him, then he should go somewhere cheaper like we all have to. £15k is over half the yearly wage of a lot of the population.

I’m sure that he isn’t going to be forced to do a favour for the money, but it doesn’t look great when The PM is in a position that businessmen have to pay for his holidays.

Most if not all public sector jobs wouldn’t allow you to accept such a massive gratuity from a businessman.
If you did it as a cop you would have DPS breathing down your neck straight away. 24 hour surveilence. Mind you that hasn't stopped some senior officers.

They are all at it though. The BiL, who was a senior partner at one of the top accounting firms, used to appoint MP's as non-executive directors to company's he was looking after. In return for receiving the wonga they were told whose hands to shake, who to speak to about certain things in the interests of the company, maybe to arrange a function in the Palace of Westminster on behalf of the company to win over potential clients. There are probably more rooms in the Palace of Westminster used for functions than Parliamentary business - there was a documentary on about the place a few years ago and the busiest person was the one organising all the extra-curricular events.

The Mrs used to work with a former MP at the Head Office of a bank in the UK. His job was communications management (PR) with particular attention being paid to MP's and the Lords. He still had some rights of access to the Palace of Westminster and used to arrange piss ups on behalf of the bank for large clients as well as meeting people to sway and create opinions over lunchtime/evening drinks.
And over £50, 000 for an after dinner speech by former politicans. I would much rather pay under £10,000 to listen to dits by Billy Billingham rather than hear wasters like George Osborne.

I wonder if Lucas asked for the backhanderfee to be paid in fivers as they are green. :cool:
For balance, I believe the money was for her party during the run up to an election campaign and not for a holiday.

For balance, I believe the money was for her party during the run up to an election campaign and not for a holiday.
That would be like a shoplifter saying, "it was'nt for me guv, it was for my neighbour ".

1. characterized by or based on the inference of particular instances from a general law.
    "deductive reasoning"

Like I said let hope you aren't in such a role
I didn’t ask what deductive meant.

A role that requires deductive reasoning would have been a better use of the word.

So illegal financial interference in an active election is less concerning than someone lending his mate his holiday home when he's not using it?

'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?', asked the Lord.

That's the question we must ask ourselves today. Why is Dr. Caroline Lucas being persecuted? Why, like the Pharisees, are people trying to ensnare her with their law?

So illegal financial interference in an active election is less concerning than someone lending his mate his holiday home when he's not using it?
It doesn’t look like interference in an election to me. It looks like she has broken the rules and accepted £150 for something that she shouldn’t have done. That had had no bearing on the election. The person who gave the £150 to her could have just donated it to her party legally and was not interfering in the election. She was the wrong doer.

I’m definitely more concerned about a PM who either needs a £15,000 handout from a businessman when he earned about £250,000 last year from The Daily Telegraph or he feels it’s appropriate to do so when he has the money.

Latest Threads