Green MP Caroline Lucas - Cash for Access to Parliament

Is methany the collective name of farts? A methany of farts?
I did'nt know that Jimmy was a 'fartologist'! Where did you study your 'fartology'? Are you a fully flatulant member of the 'fartological society' of Great Britain? Perhaps a FFSGB.

They are all at it though. The BiL, who was a senior partner at one of the top accounting firms, used to appoint MP's as non-executive directors to company's he was looking after. In return for receiving the wonga they were told whose hands to shake, who to speak to about certain things in the interests of the company, maybe to arrange a function in the Palace of Westminster on behalf of the company to win over potential clients. There are probably more rooms in the Palace of Westminster used for functions than Parliamentary business - there was a documentary on about the place a few years ago and the busiest person was the one organising all the extra-curricular events.

The Mrs used to work with a former MP at the Head Office of a bank in the UK. His job was communications management (PR) with particular attention being paid to MP's and the Lords. He still had some rights of access to the Palace of Westminster and used to arrange piss ups on behalf of the bank for large clients as well as meeting people to sway and create opinions over lunchtime/evening drinks.

As a matter of interest, why can’t BJ just pay for his own holidays like everyone else has to?
Then there cannot be any insinuation that he owes anyone anything.
Politicians mate, don't pay for anything.

The same reason that MP's and Lords fly BA. They know full well that if they buy the cheapest, nastiest, return ticket they can find as soon as they arrive at the airport they are always strangely bumped up to business class, or first class. It is one of BA's unwritten policy's.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Smiling at us as she makes money.
1582126849712.png

Realizing she is on Arrse & a love interest for Don't Tell Him Pike!
1582126919487.png

Politicians mate, don't pay for anything.

The same reason that MP's and Lords fly BA. They know full well that if they buy the cheapest, nastiest, return ticket they can find as soon as they arrive at the airport they are always strangely bumped up to business class, or first class. It is one of BA's unwritten policy's.
Sounds about right.

Ask him, not me.
It’s doesn’t sit right with me, regardless of it being Boris. He earns enough to go on holiday, if Mustique is too expensive for him, then he should go somewhere cheaper like we all have to. £15k is over half the yearly wage of a lot of the population.

I’m sure that he isn’t going to be forced to do a favour for the money, but it doesn’t look great when The PM is in a position that businessmen have to pay for his holidays.

Most if not all public sector jobs wouldn’t allow you to accept such a massive gratuity from a businessman.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It’s doesn’t sit right with me, regardless of it being Boris. He earns enough to go on holiday, if Mustique is too expensive for him, then he should go somewhere cheaper like we all have to. £15k is over half the yearly wage of a lot of the population.

I’m sure that he isn’t going to be forced to do a favour for the money, but it doesn’t look great when The PM is in a position that businessmen have to pay for his holidays.

Most if not all public sector jobs wouldn’t allow you to accept such a massive gratuity from a businessman.

Weren't you getting all defensive in the Boris thread when people used examples of others behaviour? Stick to the topic eh?

I did'nt know that Jimmy was a 'fartologist'! Where did you study your 'fartology'? Are you a fully flatulant member of the 'fartological society' of Great Britain? Perhaps a FFSGB.
I'm not academically gifted in such matters but an expert practitioner.

Weren't you getting all defensive in the Boris thread when people used examples of others behaviour? Stick to the topic eh?
The subject of politicians being accused of financial impropriety?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The subject of politicians being accused of financial impropriety?
A specific one as I pointed out to you twice. Start your own thread about the general behaviour if you want. Given your current flurry of postings, it is to be hoped you aren't in any deductive or analyst post.

Londo

LE
Must eat a hamburger quickly!
Shepherds pie for me tonight .
That's another one that will never bother the sheep again . Justice and he was my size in boots .

Latest Threads