Green MP Caroline Lucas - Cash for Access to Parliament

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It appears that the moral highground that Ms Lucas is usually so keen on claiming has been flooded in filthy lucre:

Caroline Lucas is under investigation for a possible breach of parliamentary rules for offering a tour of the Commons in exchange for £150, as part of a fundraising drive. This is in direct contravention of the MPs Code of Conduct, and whilst in reality a minor breach, it's far too good an opportunity to miss, considering her usual holier than thou outlook on Parliament.

to make it even more enjoyable, not only is she a corrupt hypocrite, she's also bloody cheap. :grin: £150 for a reputation....

She has clearly said that she has done nothing wrong even though the practice is specifically against the rules. Oh, I know, somebody else did it.

Trump is more contagious than Covid-19.

"I do not believe I have done anything wrong. I have been advised that the commissioner's investigations are confidential so it would not be appropriate for me to say anything more at this time."

In other words: "I've been caught out, didn't warn my Party and haven't devised the weasily words to wriggle out of it."

But, but, she’s female and a Green!
9E7C8485-83BA-4A22-BE9B-BAF37B5297D5.jpeg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Delicious!

One cartesian truth about our modern society is that every disaster, every human failing, every killing of a woman or child, every homeless immigrant, every refugee, every percieved criticsm of a non indigenous or LBGT resident of these British isles and feck noze what else will be grabbed upon by lazy, idle, good for nothing, looney, left wing wannabee politicos and activists to demand more cash to support their thieving charities or to set one up as some sort of divine right pennance demanded from the elected representatives of the rest of us. Yo caroline, repent I say and I'll give you a capital 'C' next time. Meanwhile, get on yer bike, pet!

She broke the rules and therefore should be censured.

Endoscope

Old-Salt
One cartesian truth about our modern society is that every disaster, every human failing, every killing of a woman or child, every homeless immigrant, every refugee, every percieved criticsm of a non indigenous or LBGT resident of these British isles and feck noze what else will be grabbed upon by lazy, idle, good for nothing, looney, left wing wannabee politicos and activists to demand more cash to support their thieving charities or to set one up as some sort of divine right pennance demanded from the elected representatives of the rest of us. Yo caroline, repent I say and I'll give you a capital 'C' next time. Meanwhile, get on yer bike, pet!
Breathe fella!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
She should have asked for £15k and used it for a weeks holiday in The Caribbean.
The thread isn't about Boris, you have an entire thread to weep about him in as it is. Serves her right I expect she will do the decent thing of course.

I wouldn't give her the steam off my shit.

I'm now off to kick a kitten and later I shall later eat a piece of dead Daisy (medium rare) knowing that the cow, during its lifetime, has contributed to global warming because of its methany farts.

The thread isn't about Boris, you have an entire thread to weep about him in as it is. Serves her right I expect she will do the decent thing of course.
As I said, she broke the rules and should be punished. However you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb

endure

GCM
I wouldn't give her the steam off my shit.

I'm now off to kick a kitten and later I shall later eat a piece of dead Daisy (medium rare) knowing that the cow, during its lifetime, has contributed to global warming because of its methany farts.
Is methany the collective name of farts? A methany of farts?

She'd have to register it though.

You know, like Boris did.

As a matter of interest, why can’t BJ just pay for his own holidays like everyone else has to?
Then there cannot be any insinuation that he owes anyone anything.

Latest Threads