Green light for £37m Viking regeneration

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

37m - did they get that in writing and signed in blood?
  3. So that's a new coat of paint and an oil change that will be stopped half way through as replacing the oil will cost another 137 million due to the rising cost of spanners.
  4. £374,000 Per viking for a refurb. Not bad when you consider they cost £14 million each when new.

Hope the cost includes a better camouflage scheme because Bae saw the Royals coming....Twice.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I thought we were buying the singapore? thing to replace it. has that been knocked on the head again?
  6. Warthog was bought from Singapore Kinetics to meet the Afghan specific requirements that Viking couldn't. I suspect this regeneration is about returning the Vikings to 'contigency'.
  7. Isn't regeneration what Dr. Who does? Will the Vikings turn in to lawnmowers?
  8. It probably means we'll be selling them off soon then.
  9. The warthog future is questioned... but not answered.

In the article I read, it talked of the amphibious capability being re-introduced. Does Warthog have this?
  10. I was under the impression that the Viking was classified as a massive piece of shit, will this 37m stop it from being so?
  11. Doubt it but wee all no shit floats if it costs £37 million to referb it!
  12. As already said warthog is specific for afghan, but it can't swim so not much use to royal.
  13. I imagine that is probably from the MOD trying to make something that is supposed to float fight on land.
  14. I foresee a Topgear style "cue the music" with the A-team soundtrack in the background, the end result being much the same.
  15. If they can get a little hairdressers car off a landing craft I'm sure the Vikings fine.