Green Fields.

RIP Brave trooper Joshua Hammond sincere condolences to family and friends
Very speedy recovery to those injured

To all Men in Black wherever they may call home
Almighty God, whose perfect love casteth out fear, mercifully grant that thy servants of the Royal Tank Regiment may fear naught but to fall from thy favour, for his sake, in whom thou art well pleased, thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

memoryloss said:
RIP Brave trooper Joshua Hammond sincere condolences to family and friends
Very speedy recovery to those injured

To all Men in Black wherever they may call home
Almighty God, whose perfect love casteth out fear, mercifully grant that thy servants of the Royal Tank Regiment may fear naught but to fall from thy favour, for his sake, in whom thou art well pleased, thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Rest easy young Joshua, on the great tank park in the sky......steady away. RIP

The Soldier
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England. There shall be
In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
A body of England's, breathing English air,
Washed by the rivers, blessed by the suns of home.
And think, this heart, all evil shed away,
A pulse in the eternal mind, no less
Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
In hearts a peace, under an English heaven.

Rupert Brooke (1887-1915)

So young,RIP,mate.

God bless you, son!

Oh my God, so young!
RIP Joshua.
Deepest sympathy to your family, friends and fellow soldiers. Even across the pond it seems a terrible loss.

And to all of Joshuas brothers and sisters in Afghanistan, of whatever nationality, may you stay safe and come home unharmed.

MODS - Sticky this thread? I have no doubt there will be more names ans a KAPE(ish) thread is no bad thing IMHO.

BenghaziBandit said:
Trooper Joshua Hammond,
aged 18.
2RTR. KIA Afghanistan. July 1st.
"To the Green Fields Beyond".
RIP.
After much deliberation, I feel the need to add something. (As an uninvolved civvy, I never usually wish to intrude upon RIP threads). The first I was aware of the death of Trooper Joshua Hammond 2RTR was when the repatriation was shown on the TV evening news on Monday 6th. I am always saddened to hear of our fallen, but usually maintain composure. This loss moved me to tears.

To the Green Fields, young Trooper.

http://www.tankmuseum.org/ixbin/indexplus?record=ART1463&_IXMENU_=top

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7799610.stm

Another Light Dragoon?
I caught a mention on the BBC this AM that a soldier of the Light Dragoons was KIA yesterday or today.
Confirmation please.
I have just received confirmation from the Light Dragoons HHQ and sadly this is true.
No names announced as yet but the LD have also had a number of lads wounded.

Tpr Hammond's funeral will take place at 13.30hrs on Friday at St. Andrew's Church, Royal Parade, Catherine St, Plymouth, PL1 2AD.

MIBs old & bold will be parading in the Bar - pub directly behind Theatre Royal between 1200-1230. Anyone who is in Plymouth on the day is welcome to join us in raising a glass to Josh.