Greedy pikey fuckers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Covert Monkey, Nov 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Royal British Legion has appealed to eBay sellers to consider the charity after an official £9.99 poppy sold for £175 on the auction site.
    A spokeswoman said: "We obviously cannot stop people doing it, but we hope everyone who does sell a poppy on an online auction site makes a donation to the Royal British Legion."

Could the Mercian Regiment stoop any lower? I'm of course assuming it's some pikey scouse fucker behind this one.

2. Link??????????

3. Does it matter how people spend their own money? Or how people sell items that belong to them?

4. [​IMG]

these type of poppies were made popular with all the X-factor lot wearing the expensive ones last Saturday.

5. The Legion have made their cut from the original sale, I fail to see why they can complain?

6. Precisely. The RBL have had their £9.99 whats the problem? The fact that someone has paid £175.00 for a tacky Elizabeth Duke-esque piece of tat is quite tragic though.

7. I gave one of my BLESMA T Shirts to an ex squaddie mate who then bought me a pint. Should I donate 10% (27p) to BLESMA?

If they bought the item from the RBL and sold it on so what, it's their property to dispose of as they see fit. More fool the RBL for; a) clearly under pricing the item and; b) running out of stock in the lead up to the one time of year it would be in demand.

8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Why dosen't the RBL swap E bay with genuine "as worn by the SAS" Poppies?
    That way they get to keep all the cash if some mugs willing to pay way over the odds for them