Greed, glorious greed!!!

Another prominent nose blatantly snorting in the trough - Bercow offends yet again:

John Bercow ignores pleas to reduce his pension - Telegraph

Even after all the adverse publicity over MPs, he is making no effort at all to hide his rapaciousness. Has the cnut no dignity?

Discuss. At length. Don't hold back!

I expect he will probably give it more consideration when the bankers cut their pensions as well....... Oh, hang on a minute. Look, there's a flying pig.

Fair play to him. If I was sitting on a cushy number, and someone else was paying for my pension and I had the option of changing it for the worse....I'd **** them off as well.

The man is a knut and his missus even more so.

Come the revolution this man is first to the wall.

More fool the berks who elected the tit to the Commons in the first place.

£40k is that all?
Hopefully the book,the diaries,the non-executive directorships and advisory gigs will cover the shortfall.As I don't imagine Sally is low maintenance.

£40k is that all?
Hopefully the book,the diaries,the non-executive directorships and advisory gigs will cover the shortfall.As I don't imagine Sally is low maintenance.
I,d like to do a maintenance job on her.

More fool the berks who elected the tit to the Commons in the first place.
That would be the Labour Party! :muhaha:

Not for any good reason but,because they could,and also it pissed of the Tory party,so there you have it,the 'Mother of Parliaments' elects a Speaker out of spite,niiiice!

That would be the Labour Party! :muhaha:

Not for any good reason but,because they could,and also it pissed of the Tory party,so there you have it,the 'Mother of Parliaments' elects a Speaker out of spite,niiiice!
That would actually be the electors of his Buckingham constituency who elected him to represent them in the House of Commons.

Grubby Bum - your outrage would carry a bit more weight if you could show that you have volunteered to surrender some of your own entitlements for the common good.

Thought not.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Has the cnut no dignity?
Dunno but he has a thick skin and with his revolting wife I imagine he needs it. But I'm with the "I wouldn't" lobby on this one. If I am gifted a sum of money I am having it and so would every other right thinking person.

£40k is that all?
What usually happens is they are appointed to a nice little sinecure on a lottery commission where they can easily double their pension for putting in a 3 day week (paid for by the mugs handing their quid over every week, of course). That's what happened to the BBC executive (who was so charismatic that her name escapes me) who retired recently with a £3million pension pot and was appointed to a lottery commission - wouldn't want her to get bored now, would we?

That would actually be the electors of his Buckingham constituency who elected him to represent them in the House of Commons.
Technically, perhaps. In reality, they voted Conservative because it was the lesser of two evils, and he happened to be the politician who was standing.

Not quite sure why the outrage bus is running, why the **** should he voluntarily have his pension reduced, would you??? Thought not.

We all know he's a ****, but then if you look up "Member of Parliment" in the dictionary, the only definition of the phrase is ****.

Another prominent nose blatantly snorting in the trough - Bercow offends yet again:

John Bercow ignores pleas to reduce his pension - Telegraph
Why should he give up his pension. He like the rest of us knows that there is money in the pot it's just being spent on bollocks like funding Wayne and Waynetta, bombing other countries and propping up governments that can afford nuclear weapons and space exploration programs.

Now when they can't afford to piss about with that then I'll start accepting the country is skint and I'll suggest my own wages/pension may need ammending. Until then, show me the money.

Not quite sure why the outrage bus is running, why the **** should he voluntarily have his pension reduced, would you??? Thought not.
Why should he give up his pension....
...Now when they can't afford to piss about with that then I'll start accepting the country is skint and I'll suggest my own wages/pension may need ammending. Until then, show me the money.
No-one's asking him to give up his pension. The article says MPs have voted to increase their own pension contributions, and to receive lesser payments from a few years hence, in much the same way that many others in this country will shortly also be doing; in other words therefore a laudable example to set by those taking the decision to reduce the pension benefits of many others...

Where he differs is that 3 "MP" pensions - the PM's, the Lord Chancellor's, and the Speaker's - are "special" and traditionally more favourable than those of the throng. The first two are being dealt with, it's only Bercow who's holding out. Interesting is that (according to the article), "Bercow has refused to abandon his pension or contribute towards it". Mmm, how's he going to manage that, then? Above the law, are we? Like when house-flipping or tax-dodging? We'll see. Reminds me of Tommy Cooper: "It's not the principle, it's the money". Slimy little ****.

I don't know what they're currently paying but I know I'm paying 11.5% (Pre tax) of my wages into my pension pit (Intentional) and any more would cripple me (Bus/Bike to work on day shifts to save money).

I don't see why I should have to fork out more when we can afford to give billions away in foreign aid, spend billions wrecking countries we intend to leave shortly after and spend hundereds of billions keeping our not so sick but very lazy fully stocked with McDonalds, Special Brew and fags.

In short - As a turkey I already voted for Christmas and now that I'm being cooked I regret it. I wont make that mistake again.

Dear Government - You've fucked me over and now I'm skint.

Yours

C_J