Greed, glorious greed!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grubby Bum III, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another prominent nose blatantly snorting in the trough - Bercow offends yet again:

John Bercow ignores pleas to reduce his pension - Telegraph

Even after all the adverse publicity over MPs, he is making no effort at all to hide his rapaciousness. Has the cnut no dignity?

Discuss. At length. Don't hold back!

2. If I was him i'd not give it up either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I expect he will probably give it more consideration when the bankers cut their pensions as well....... Oh, hang on a minute. Look, there's a flying pig.

4. Fair play to him. If I was sitting on a cushy number, and someone else was paying for my pension and I had the option of changing it for the worse....I'd **** them off as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The man is a knut and his missus even more so.

Come the revolution this man is first to the wall.

6. More fool the berks who elected the tit to the Commons in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. £40k is that all?
    Hopefully the book,the diaries,the non-executive directorships and advisory gigs will cover the shortfall.As I don't imagine Sally is low maintenance.

8. I,d like to do a maintenance job on her.

9. That would be the Labour Party! :muhaha:

Not for any good reason but,because they could,and also it pissed of the Tory party,so there you have it,the 'Mother of Parliaments' elects a Speaker out of spite,niiiice!

10. That would actually be the electors of his Buckingham constituency who elected him to represent them in the House of Commons.

11. Yeah, me too. I'd do that grabbing **** of a husband of hers at the same time.

That is what you meant, isn't it?

[​IMG]

12. Grubby Bum - your outrage would carry a bit more weight if you could show that you have volunteered to surrender some of your own entitlements for the common good.

Thought not.

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dunno but he has a thick skin and with his revolting wife I imagine he needs it. But I'm with the "I wouldn't" lobby on this one. If I am gifted a sum of money I am having it and so would every other right thinking person.

• Like Like x 2
  14. What usually happens is they are appointed to a nice little sinecure on a lottery commission where they can easily double their pension for putting in a 3 day week (paid for by the mugs handing their quid over every week, of course). That's what happened to the BBC executive (who was so charismatic that her name escapes me) who retired recently with a £3million pension pot and was appointed to a lottery commission - wouldn't want her to get bored now, would we?

15. Technically, perhaps. In reality, they voted Conservative because it was the lesser of two evils, and he happened to be the politician who was standing.