Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Greece and Rome at War

ARRSE Rating
5.00 star(s)
I have owned this book about three times at least, it's a book that gets "borrowed" and never seems to reappear. That in itself is probably all the recommendation it needs I suppose. It has been in print since1981 in various forms and updated editions. This is the 2012 edition republished in 2016.

This is a lavishly illustrated must have book for anybody with the slightest interest in the period. The author and artist Peter Connolly is well known for his work in the ancient world. it covers twelve centuries so is an overview. That however doesn't mean it's skimped on, just that only the main areas receive anything like an in-depth coverage. No hesitation in 5 mushrooms for this one

1610386882650.png

The illustrations are truly superb and in full colour in the main, they are a mix of photographs and paintings. If you have even the slightest interest in the period covered and this isn't on your bookshelves, I would encourage you to get a copy and given my loss rate, possibly a chain to keep it there!

Amazon product ASIN 1848329415

Last edited: