greatest ever military docu-soap

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Danny_Dravot, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. not sure if this has been done before...apologies if so...but...

what was the greatest ever military docu-soap/documentary...

personally, it was probably "Paras" circa 1982

with a doc about the LI in BFG in late 1980s as close 2nd...(i heard a few people lost their names over that one!)

any other greats?

2. I must say I enjoyed HMS Brilliant- especially that leading hand who uttered the immortal line to some Doris "Shut up woman, or I'll knock you about." on national television. I bet some dark blue corporate communications-type must have had a stroke when they heard that.

I'm sure I bumped into one of the aircrew once (now a Cdr)- was his name Falk, or some such thing? If it was the guy, he was a stude at the Joint Services Command & Staff College. Spent about an hour thinking "Where the fcuk do I know this guy from?". The penny only dropped about 2 hours after he and his classmates (with an Air Vice Marshall to babysit them) left my gaff and headed down to San Diego to play with the boats.

3. I must say I enjoyed HMS Brilliant- especially that leading hand who uttered the immortal line to some Doris "Shut up woman, or I'll knock you about." on national television. I bet some dark blue corporate communications-type must have had a stroke when they heard that.

I'm sure I bumped into one of the aircrew once (now a Cdr)- was his name Falk, or some such thing? If it was the guy, he was a stude at the Joint Services Command & Staff College.

4. indeed...p-coy (cutting edge) is another true brilliant doc, showing brit army at its finest...

...i suggest every condemning guardian reading pinko-leftie-lesbian weans their illegitimate, turkey basted by-product of a social-experiment offspring onto such fine TV...the country will be fine again!

5. Dads ARMY quality documentry

6. Soap you say :D

I'll see your

[​IMG]

and raise you my

[​IMG]

7. It Aint Half Hot Mum

8. You bar steward i went to that channel four site and could not get off it.Very good site

9. The 'P' COY one is exceptionally good,also 'Behind the lines'-booties/ML course ain't too bad + the attack on TOP MALO HOUSE--(M&AW CADRE)OP CORPORATE(some characters in that one)___get the chan 4,p coy-un-pc-pucka.

10. rememeber "how to make a royal marine officer" or something like that???

11. Ehhhh how long for this to work? I have tried but getting frustrated now, Superb documentary, essential viewing pre P coy!

12. roger that...brilliant site...is there anyway to download the doc IOT burn them to dvd???

13. Soldiertown. Hours of footage shot of the RGBW on ex and then as a throwaway line to the CO...."do you mind if we just follow a few of your soldiers during their recreational hours." What resulted was a program dedicated to soldiers scrapping shagging and getting engaged to a different chick every two weeks.

14. not seen...but i remember a docu-team being in "the 'shot" circa 1992 and filming some "shocking" scenes filmed on a night out...this was aired on the local TV (meridien??)

surprisingly, raised little more than an eyebrow!!