Greater Manchester Thought Police hunt their own.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The_Cad, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hang on... The BNP is a registered, legal political party? Slightly unsavoury perhaps, but no less than Neu Arbeit... But it's illegal to sing Pro-BNP songs?
    I can understand if it was the Horst Wessel Lied... Anyone got a link to what actually happened?
  2. Isn't it strange that any suggestion that police officers should not be Freemason's, for broadly similar reasons, brings down the Hounds of Hell on anyone who suggests it.

Equally Police Officers seem to be free to not guard Israeli or Jewish premises as it may offend their religious sensibilities.

PS I do think that the BNP are a bunch of extremist tossers but that should be no bar to them being employed as Police Officers.
  3. So, what will happen with Tomorrow belongs to Me in Cabaret if shown again?
  4. If it involves Lisa Minelli in underwear I will break out in a sweat ...again!
  5. I think the real extremist tossers are those that are denying freedom of association, and freedom of thought and conscience right now!

I take their stance on opposition parties to be sinister and hypocritical. Just look at the lefties reaction in France when they don't get their own way.

You can now be convicted on the grounds that someone thinks you may have said something. Where does it stop?
  6. This is your seduction techniques we are referring to, right?
  7. Don't knock it till you try it!!
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought your mottow as to knocki then try it? As in knock out?

Thought police are everywhere, watching and listening. Now, if you were to invest in my patent silver foil hat, you would be safe!

However, I agree with the snetiments you express. Whatever happened to freedom of thought, let alone speech? I hold no love for BNP, but they have as mch right as the SWP or any other party to campaign, to stand for election or to even (God forbid) sing bloody Robbie Williams songs! Now that would be offensive.
  9. Are there any organisations, other than BNP, that police officers may not join?
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, the Third Reich, the Tory Party, the Masons, the Round Table, the Rotarians, the Bingo club, Anne Summers and anything else that hints at un-lefty free thought.

Career enhancement techniques which are definately not frowned upon are being a member of Neue Arbeit, The 'Black' Police Officers Association (er scrub that, the er, erm, hmm, er, Ethnically Diverse and Equally Valued but pro-actively and positively descriminated Police Officers Assocation), the Muslim Police Officers Association, the Muslim Council, Lesbos-R-Us, Gay Pride, Social Workers, Elbow-pads-anonymous, the Beard Association, Thickspecks-but-equally-sighted-forum, Immigrants Awarenesss, the Homeless, Anti-Vivisectionists, the EU Commission and the Welsh Language School (a minority in a minority of minority groups).
  11. Local Conservative club?
  12. Extreme left wing organisations such as SWP also frowned upon
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

But why are they threatening to sack anyone who was a member of the BNP?

Personally I think they are a bunch of toads but this is supposed to be a democracy FFS and as distasteful as they may be they are still a legal party in this country. We're not Pakistan yet!
  14. I believe that the police attitude to 'extreme' political groups is similar to the military. Difficult when the toads are actually a legitimate politicl party