Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Greater Manchester Police Farce

The Inspection team has highlighted the problem several times, it hasn’t been addressed and The CC has resigned. The Force is now in “special measures and will hopefully get the help and support it needs to rectify. That sounds like a system that is addressing the problem.

No mention though of a decade of severe cuts resulting in thousands of backroom staff and officers being lost and CCs having to prioritise what to spend limited money on. Frontline officers tackling knife/gun crime etc or sitting in a station complying with a data requirement.
So there was no need for the straw-man stuff.

Has the 'Inspection team' report explained why the problems were allowed to continue for years? Have they flagged the reduction of resources (which everyone knows about, but everyone ignores, 'do more with less' etc.) ?

You (and the inspection report, or the public version anyway) are repeatedly referring to the symptoms rather than the underlying problem(s). Take a paracetamol and don't worry about the broken bones, or something like that.

Has the 'Inspection team' report explained why the problems were allowed to continue for years? Have they flagged the reduction of resources (which everyone knows about, but everyone ignores, 'do more with less' etc.) ?

You (and the inspection report, or the public version anyway) are repeatedly referring to the symptoms rather than the underlying problem(s). Take a paracetamol and don't worry about the broken bones, or something like that.
And everyother police force suffered cuts and didn't go down the drain like GMP.

You probably need to take that up with Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS).

And everyother police force suffered cuts and didn't go down the drain like GMP.

The second biggest force in the country, comparable only with The Met and WMP probably.

When you say “go down the drain”, what do you mean?

Every force has issues, believe me.

And he accepted the issue and resigned.

And he accepted the issue and resigned.
Do you know this to be a fact? Presumably somebody in the GMP is keeping the PCs of Hampshire fully informed?

Could it be the case that he was invited to resign (perhaps with a sweetener or two) or be removed involuntarily with whatever ignominy and lack of pension enhancement that that might entail?

Do you know this to be a fact? Presumably somebody in the GMP is keeping the PCs of Hampshire fully informed?

Could it be the case that he was invited to resign (perhaps with a sweetener or two) or be removed involuntarily with whatever ignominy and lack of pension enhancement that that might entail?

You obviously know what happened or you wouldn’t be commenting. Let us all know.

And there as they say 'Lies the Rub'... to quote myself.

It can be said that to a smaller degree this also happen in the private sector. One only has to look at the banking crisis.

The bottom line is that either in the public or private sector the bigger the fcuk up, the less likely those at the top suffer any substance financial loss or jail time. Makes you think perhaps, what is the role of Government and perhaps why so many institutions of state dont hold the confidence of the public.

You obviously know what happened or you wouldn’t be commenting. Let us all know.
You really are a cock aren’t you. I simply asked you if you know for a fact that he ‘took responsibility, did the honourable thing and resigned’.

If I knew the answer, do you really imagine I’d be asking the question of the site’s foot stampy five year old?

Oh, take a moment or two out to ask a grown up why people put ‘?' at the end of things they write.

You really are a cock aren’t you. I simply asked you if you know for a fact that he ‘took responsibility, did the honourable thing and resigned’.

If I knew the answer, do you really imagine I’d be asking the question of the site’s foot stampy five year old?

Oh, take a moment or two out to ask a grown up why people put ‘?' at the end of things they write.

Calm down and take a deep breath. You sound ranty and upset.

Jeez still discussing this bollocks?
I should have stayed, the football was awful 0-0 I would have had more fun answering those questions from @wetsmonkey but then again I can’t take this policing crap to seriously,
I have my blood pressure to consider.

Calm down and take a deep breath. You sound ranty and upset.
Not me... I am able to ask a reasonable question of you in respect of your repeated assertion that 'he accepted the issue, did the honourable thing and resigned’.

On the other hand though, you are clearly quite incapable of anything but childish answers.

Your typically weak/juvenile response is as expected.

Let’s hope The PM and his Cabinet take that much responsibility for the country and their Ministries when they make mistakes and are shown to be incompetent.
Dream on, the only person of any high office, who has ever admitted to crimes committed by his Government, while he was in office, was Albert Speer, he got 20 years. (NAZI architect & Minister of production)

Transport Police. Not GMP. Different organisation
Aye, that's why I said:

"Turns out that's not (wasn't) the case in Manchester" rather than "Turns out that's not (wasn't) the case with GMP:"

PC Mark Renshaw who drove to the kebab house 5-miles from the Manchester arena was based at Piccadilly train station in Manchester - I think it's reasonable to assume GMP & BTP in that city had a close working relationship. If not then that's just one more failing.

When you have a deep rooted problem with the police they all look the same.
Stop wasting my time you pointless $%^&

Why Snake in the grass he fights well for your area ??
He doesn't "fights well for your area" - he serves a tiny section of the wealthy/connected community brilliantly, everyone else he just mugs off. Here's a fair example of the snake's character, when he set up a press conference to fake receiving news via text message on live TV. Watch the video in the linked report:

Last edited: