Greater Manchester Police Farce

Apparently there's now a "new kid on the block"

snip “I think we’re past the high-water mark,” Stephen Watson, the newly appointed chief constable of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), told a British broadsheet on taking up his job. “The public are getting a little bit fed up of virtue-signalling police officers when they’d really rather we just locked up burglars.”
Watson agrees. He said, “I don’t think that things like taking the knee and demonstrating that you have a commonality of view with the protesters that you’re policing is compatible with the standards of service that people require of their police.
So, there will be no GMP plod kneeling during marches they’re supposed to be patrolling and no “putting rainbows on their epaulettes and wearing rainbow shoelaces,” said the chief constable.
Watson’s not advocating racism or homophobia in any way. He’s being a professional, parking the politics and trying to enhance the reputation of his force,"

A shame he wasn’t out there being so bold for the last decade.

He has his top job know and feels comfortable to speak out.

I would have been more impressed with him if I had heard more from him previously.

Whilst i admitt to no longer bulling my work boots and putting my uniform shirt stright from the tumble dryer on to a coat hanger, i have to say that GMP look a sack of shit in need of a old style RSM/SWO.

Whilst i admitt to no longer bulling my work boots and putting my uniform shirt stright from the tumble dryer on to a coat hanger, i have to say that GMP look a sack of shit in need of a old style RSM/SWO.

The same for many officers. Investment in proper initial residential training with an emphasis on fitness, turnout and discipline is needed.

They'd melt into little puddles.

Why is that? I have seen a significant number of military bloaters that got through basic training.

If the same investment was made into police training and facilities as is made in the military, you could turn around the ethos and standards within 5 years. Let’s see residential training, gyms, pools etc and time set aside for fitness during duty time.

Let’s see new officers taught how to look after their kit and shown the standards required, just like people entering the military are.

Let’s have subsidised Adv Trg and proper promotion and leadership trg courses.

The investment would be worth it.

If the same investment was made into police training and facilities as is made in the military, you could turn around the ethos and standards within 5 years. Let’s see residential training, gyms, pools etc and time set aside for fitness during duty time.
Funny they had all that thirty years ago in the Met. All built in the seventies and one of the most modern police training centres in Europe.

They sold it all off though to save money and most of the former Met training at Hendon is now apparently a housing estate. Value for money eh.

Serious question - is there anywhere else in the world that has policemen as scruffy as those in UK ? (And I mean policemen - most of the women make a reasonable effort to look clean and tidy.)

Serious question - is there anywhere else in the world that has policemen as scruffy as those in UK ? (And I mean policemen - most of the women make a reasonable effort to look clean and tidy.)
Inspector M'Bongo appears to be making a good fist of it.

27e120ef4d81cbf3d7b98df357ab9a8d--police-officer-cops.jpg

Funny they had all that thirty years ago in the Met. All built in the seventies and one of the most modern police training centres in Europe.

They sold it all off though to save money and most of the former Met training at Hendon is now apparently a housing estate. Value for money eh.

The met had to making savings of something like a billion pounds annually under BHH. I don't think anyone wanted to lose it if they could have avoided it.

Apparently there's now a "new kid on the block"

snip “I think we’re past the high-water mark,” Stephen Watson, the newly appointed chief constable of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), told a British broadsheet on taking up his job. “The public are getting a little bit fed up of virtue-signalling police officers when they’d really rather we just locked up burglars.”
Watson agrees. He said, “I don’t think that things like taking the knee and demonstrating that you have a commonality of view with the protesters that you’re policing is compatible with the standards of service that people require of their police.
So, there will be no GMP plod kneeling during marches they’re supposed to be patrolling and no “putting rainbows on their epaulettes and wearing rainbow shoelaces,” said the chief constable.
Watson’s not advocating racism or homophobia in any way. He’s being a professional, parking the politics and trying to enhance the reputation of his force,"
Now lets see how he responds when one of his officers shoots dead some armed
scrote.

You are correct, it was years later, that the fact the V1 & V2 factory's used slave labour, something that at his trial , he denied knowing about, he finally admitted to, he knew, he should have been hung with the rest of them.. :silent:
And Werner Von Braun should have been hanged next to him.

The same for many officers. Investment in proper initial residential training with an emphasis on fitness, turnout and discipline is needed.
Perhaps if the police recruited more 6ft ex-guardsMEN instead of 4ft lesbian chubsters then they wouldn't need to do that.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Why is that? I have seen a significant number of military bloaters that got through basic training.

Let’s see new officers taught how to look after their kit and shown the standards required, just like people entering the military are.

Let’s have subsidised Adv Trg and proper promotion and leadership trg courses.

The investment would be worth it.
We had all that and it plainly didn’t work.*

According to the politicians*

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A shame he wasn’t out there being so bold for the last decade.

He has his top job know and feels comfortable to speak out.

I would have been more impressed with him if I had heard more from him previously.
He turned S Yorkshire around and was given this job because of his record.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps if the police recruited more 6ft ex-guardsMEN instead of 4ft lesbian chubsters then they wouldn't need to do that.
Well thank you.:-D.

The residential training at Hendon was a walk in the park though after Pirbright, and I actually enjoyed it.

Well thank you.:-D.

The residential training at Hendon was a walk in the park though after Pirbright, and I actually enjoyed it.
Me too. I found that it was more akin to petty school discipline than military basic traing or the two years of pure bullshit I had to put up with at JLR RE at Dover. Never had to iron PT kit or bull PT shoes at Dover though.

No bed packs or hospital corners and you even had your own room as well. Luxury. I always found that when the instructors saw the half inch patch of glory above your left brest pocket indicating you were an ex serviceman, they left you well alone.

Now lets see how he responds when one of his officers shoots dead some armed
scrote.
He will do what ever the Police and Crime Commissioner tells him to do, why the Mayor didn't sack him

Oh wait a second

Latest Threads