Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greater Manchester Police Farce

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Jeez still discussing this bollocks?
I should have stayed, the football was awful 0-0 I would have had more fun answering those questions from @wetsmonkey but then again I can’t take this policing crap to seriously,
I have my blood pressure to consider.

Calm down and take a deep breath. You sound ranty and upset.
Not me... I am able to ask a reasonable question of you in respect of your repeated assertion that 'he accepted the issue, did the honourable thing and resigned’.

On the other hand though, you are clearly quite incapable of anything but childish answers.

Your typically weak/juvenile response is as expected.

Let’s hope The PM and his Cabinet take that much responsibility for the country and their Ministries when they make mistakes and are shown to be incompetent.
Dream on, the only person of any high office, who has ever admitted to crimes committed by his Government, while he was in office, was Albert Speer, he got 20 years. (NAZI architect & Minister of production)

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Transport Police. Not GMP. Different organisation
Aye, that's why I said:

"Turns out that's not (wasn't) the case in Manchester" rather than "Turns out that's not (wasn't) the case with GMP:"

PC Mark Renshaw who drove to the kebab house 5-miles from the Manchester arena was based at Piccadilly train station in Manchester - I think it's reasonable to assume GMP & BTP in that city had a close working relationship. If not then that's just one more failing.

When you have a deep rooted problem with the police they all look the same.
Stop wasting my time you pointless $%^&

Why Snake in the grass he fights well for your area ??
He doesn't "fights well for your area" - he serves a tiny section of the wealthy/connected community brilliantly, everyone else he just mugs off. Here's a fair example of the snake's character, when he set up a press conference to fake receiving news via text message on live TV. Watch the video in the linked report:

Last edited:
Dream on, the only person of any high office, who has ever admitted to crimes committed by his Government, while he was in office, was Albert Speer, he got 20 years. (NAZI architect & Minister of production)

And The Dutch Government.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He got off lightly, not sure everything was taken into account, didn’t he, no I’ll stop just there;)

He got off lightly, not sure everything was taken into account, didn’t he, no I’ll stop just there;)
You are correct, it was years later, that the fact the V1 & V2 factory's used slave labour, something that at his trial , he denied knowing about, he finally admitted to, he knew, he should have been hung with the rest of them.. :silent:

Last edited:

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Here's a blinding $%^&-up (more of a deliberate don't give a $%^& actually) by GMP & Chief Constable Ian Hopkins:

Hopkins response after being shamed in to responding on twitter was equally $%^&ed-up:

The extent of GMP's detective skills amounted to:

"but let's remember someone's committed this vile crime & someone will know who, hope they tell us."

The crime was eventually solved by looking at the building's CCTV recordings. If the levels of disinterest and professional incompetence at GMP weren't so terrifying this might be considered funny.

It’s a reasonable comparison to make. One person fucks up and resigns, because they are ultimately responsible for the organisation.

Let’s see what his bosses from The HO do in this situation? I wonder how high it will go and who is the fall guy.
You wouldn't be happy unless it was Boris.

Do you know this to be a fact? Presumably somebody in the GMP is keeping the PCs of Hampshire fully informed?

Could it be the case that he was invited to resign (perhaps with a sweetener or two) or be removed involuntarily with whatever ignominy and lack of pension enhancement that that might entail?
No doubt he was invited to resign with full pension: cnut should have been bust to PC and only allowed to keep the pension contributions automatically taken from his salary.

He certainly seems too stupid and incompetent to have any dirt to dish on those who would punish him this way.

You are correct, it was years later, that the fact the V1 & V2 factory's used slave labour, something that at his trial , he denied knowing about, he finally admitted to, he knew, he should have been hung with the rest of them.. :silent:
Alongside 'the father of the US Space Programme' Werner Von Braun - the V2 remains the only weapon that killed more people in it's manufacture than it's use.

Alongside 'the father of the US Space Programme' Werner Von Braun - the V2 remains the only weapon that killed more people in it's manufacture than it's use.
Robert H Goddard, the american who first built and tested a basic liquid fuel rocket back in 1926. Is credited with being the father of modern rocketry. The NAZI's covertly smuggled into america at wars end, ( Operation paperclip) were incredulous that his research and development hadn't been Utilised, and expanded by the U.S. government.

And The Dutch Government.
Srebrenica? They were already in difficulty and used the opportunity to say 'lessons will be learnt' while pensioning off a few spare bods. It didn't make a huge and immediate difference to planning for the Dutch army.

The government has just resigned again (it is a useful tactic) due to people on a local version of supplemental-allowances being punished for over-claiming when there was actually a system problem that flagged problems incorrectly. There are elections soon, and this technique of resigning is seen as a way of escaping censure and starting again (with exactly the same politicians).

[Edit for typo.]

Last edited:
It’s about double standards, he resigned, accepted responsibility, most politicians don’t and deflect downwards.

People on here calling for his sacking, demotion and withdrawal of pension. But some will happily say that Ministers can’t be held responsible for what their subordinates do.
Retired

The Inspectorate found that one in five crimes was not being reported by GMP.

That's after finding the same issues in the 2018 follow up to the 2016 inspection which found the same issue in 2015.

That's indicative of a serious failure to lead and command.
But no crime in Manchester when he was in charge

Latest Threads