Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greater Manchester Police Farce

A discussion that I was having with @halo_jones this week. There used to be a huge website listing members and so on. It has all gone.
Apart from this one, which is the first result on Google. Unless you are thinking of a different one?

Their own site is also still available.

Apart from this one, which is the first result on Google. Unless you are thinking of a different one?

That list is bollox.

My own brother is listed on it.

Came as a huge surprise to him as he is an out-and-out "Enoch was right", "bring back the birch", "burn the boats" Brexiter of the first water.

He appears to be on it (along with his business) solely because of some quango meeting he vaguely remembers attending 20 years ago in relation to local crime concerns.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The Chief Constable has done the honourable thing, and resigned.
Resigned, honourable? Feck he and his farce had enough warnings, he should have been demoted to Inspector and sacked with the pension of an inspector. And that’s been generous.
A bloody disgrace the way GMP have been ran.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Resigned, honourable? Feck he and his farce had enough warnings, he should have been demoted to Inspector and sacked with the pension of an inspector. And that’s been generous.
A bloody disgrace the way GMP have been ran.
Don't forget Belsen Burnham has been defacto police and crime comissioner for four years.

That list is bollox.

My own brother is listed on it.

Came as a huge surprise to him as he is an out-and-out "Enoch was right", "bring back the birch", "burn the boats" Brexiter of the first water.

He appears to be on it (along with his business) solely because of some quango meeting he vaguely remembers attending 20 years ago in relation to local crime concerns.
Well he would say that wouldn't he!

I don’t think he knew what his responsibilities were.

Perhaps he was present but not involved with any responsibilities

Googling 'Common Purpose' as you say does bring up two predominate hits. However they are at polar opposites, the first link is a site, that some may say is the home of tinfoil hattery, particularly if you use it to show anything negative about the 'Common Purpose Organisation'.

Personally i think it is not a source that even when they publish something fair and factual, can be used. the second is the official site of 'Common Purpose Organisation', that has been very much sanitised, over the last decade or so, which is the point that @Cold_Collation was making.

While this thread is focused on the GMP, senior 'managements' incompetence but as more comes out no doubt their stunning ability to have sloping shoulders, when it come to taking responsibility.

That said I have no doubt that 'Common Purpose' has had a hand in running various training courses and seminars that the GMP's, senior 'management' have taken part in. In theory such training courses and seminars, many of which are generously funded from the public purse, would one would think add value.

I suggest that they do not rather they are just another NGO that is largely unaccountable to those that predominately end up funding it, i.e. the public purse.

Back to the GMP though, as 'Dinger' says in reply to @wetsmonkey post about resignations senior management.
They should never be given the option. Fire them as soon as this type of thing is discovered and it shows poor performance won’t be tolerated. You can guarantee that a PC wouldn’t be given the option should they have been so poor.

'Dinger' hits a fundamental nail on the head, and one that if we look to any public institutions failing over the last 3 of 4 decades the top ranks of such organisations walk off with a large and secure pension, while all below get to enjoy the shitstorm of reorganisation. That such reorganisations rarely end up solving the fundamental problem. As in the main 'politically correct' shite rolls down hill, rather than practical operational changes.

It can be said that to a smaller degree this also happen in the private sector. One only has to look at the banking crisis.

The bottom line is that either in the public or private sector the bigger the fcuk up, the less likely those at the top suffer any substance financial loss or jail time. Makes you think perhaps, what is the role of Government and perhaps why so many institutions of state dont hold the confidence of the public.

Sadly and perhaps dangerously because of the regularity of problems within the higher levels of management of the 'Institutions of State and Commerce', this lack of confidence and anger is growing...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Does anything think Malfeasance in a Public Office would apply here ?
I would say that with the warnings he received at best he is guilty of been incompetent. After all he is the boss, it’s his duty to ensure the force, service call it what you want is run according to the standards set by The Home Office.
In this he failed.

I would say that with the warnings he received at best he is guilty of been incompetent. After all he is the boss, it’s his duty to ensure the force, service call it what you want is run according to the standards set by The Home Office.
In this he failed.

Let’s hope The PM and his Cabinet take that much responsibility for the country and their Ministries when they make mistakes and are shown to be incompetent.

Googling 'Common Purpose' as you say does bring up two predominate hits. However they are at polar opposites, the first link is a site, that some may say is the home of tinfoil hattery, particularly if you use it to show anything negative about the 'Common Purpose Organisation'.

Personally i think it is not a source that even when they publish something fair and factual, can be used. the second is the official site of 'Common Purpose Organisation', that has been very much sanitised, over the last decade or so, which is the point that @Cold_Collation was making.

While this thread is focused on the GMP, senior 'managements' incompetence but as more comes out no doubt their stunning ability to have sloping shoulders, when it come to taking responsibility.

That said I have no doubt that 'Common Purpose' has had a hand in running various training courses and seminars that the GMP's, senior 'management' have taken part in. In theory such training courses and seminars, many of which are generously funded from the public purse, would one would think add value.

I suggest that they do not rather they are just another NGO that is largely unaccountable to those that predominately end up funding it, i.e. the public purse.

Back to the GMP though, as 'Dinger' says in reply to @wetsmonkey post about resignations senior management.

'Dinger' hits a fundamental nail on the head, and one that if we look to any public institutions failing over the last 3 of 4 decades the top ranks of such organisations walk off with a large and secure pension, while all below get to enjoy the shitstorm of reorganisation. That such reorganisations rarely end up solving the fundamental problem. As in the main 'politically correct' shite rolls down hill, rather than practical operational changes.

It can be said that to a smaller degree this also happen in the private sector. One only has to look at the banking crisis.

The bottom line is that either in the public or private sector the bigger the fcuk up, the less likely those at the top suffer any substance financial loss or jail time. Makes you think perhaps, what is the role of Government and perhaps why so many institutions of state dont hold the confidence of the public.

Sadly and perhaps dangerously because of the regularity of problems within the higher levels of management of the 'Institutions of State and Commerce', this lack of confidence and anger is growing...

Even if they had fired him, he was 30 years plus and would have received his pension. He resigned, he didn’t bullshit and deflect he took responsibility.

I’m going to hazard a guess that most on here don’t properly know what the report is actually saying his Force did wrong. I’m sure plenty think they know.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Even if they had fired him, he was 30 years plus and would have received his pension. He resigned, he didn’t bullshit and deflect he took responsibility.

I’m going to hazard a guess that most on here don’t properly know what the report is actually saying his Force did wrong. I’m sure plenty think they know.
His force stopped an investigation (Rochdale) citing lack of resourses plus the problem of CSA in South Manchester was well known about by police and social services. The latter covered this up in the family courts and the courts by nature being in camera the public were unaware of the crimes commited.

Latest Threads