Great writing

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Padre Cooper is a very good bloke indeed.

He was an Eton chaplain for a time, and v. popular indeed with the boys. I was told he'd recently done some form of chaplaincy to Allied civilians working in Iraq, or something similar. If true, it shows he still marches towards the sound of gunfire.

This kind of account by someone who was really in the thick of it in the Falklands is worth a million superficial TV programmes like the rather embarassing Carole Thatcher thing that wasted screen time the other evening.
  2. Indeed a very interesting and accute account of what went on there.
    Myself, i have recently returned from a Tour of the Falklands and have visited
    Goose Green memorial site, where the fallen of 2 Para are remembered.
    A very beautiful part of the Islands, and hard to believe what went on there
    25 Years ago.
  3. Cow

Cow LE

Makes you wonder if we'll ever have a similar conflict: one which we declare hostilities against another force, rather than just turning up to keep the peace. Would we be able to project force like that again?

I never managed to get down to the Islands, I'd have like to. Most people who I spoke to made something of their tour and had alot of respect for them.
  4. my dad loved the place,but he's Welsh so Stanley must've seemed like a tropical paradise by comparison!
    Lovely piece of writing ORC,brought a tear to the eye