• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Great War Living History - Recruits needed

Most groups will have an authorsied suppliers list and set of uniform regulations, a bit like being in the Army funnily enough.

For example we have a 3 event probation period to allow for training, safety, basic skills and to see if "we" get along with the new member and vice-versa. Then they would be expected to have kit from the authorsied suppliers. We would also suggest which order to buy kit. A steel helmet and gas mask isn't needed for new starters but boots and hat would be.

For example:
Boots - William Lennon B5 - £180
SD hat - Khaki on Campaign - £70
Uniform - Soldier of Fortune - £180 or Pegasus - £295+
Webbing - Original £?? or Museum quality copy - £250ish
SMLE - Deac or Live must be pre 1918 - £350 upwards. Held on relevant ticket depending on weather smoothbore or untouched. Contact your local FA Offr for details. Being a member of a Living History group is a reason for requiring to hold a live weapon.

The wife is always banging on about me getting a hobby. But when I just asked if we had a spare £1200-ish for this, I was met with "**** off. You're too much of a geek as it is". Sorry, otherwise I'd be in.

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

The wife is always banging on about me getting a hobby. But when I just asked if we had a spare £1200-ish for this, I was met with "**** off. You're too much of a geek as it is". Sorry, otherwise I'd be in.

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.
Dress in civvies and wear one of these in your buttonhole:

Good to see this sort of thing being done, especially as there are no WW1 survivors around anymore. Keep up the good work.
Agreed. I saw the group (I think it's the same one) at a recent Bovington Tank Fest and it was a lot more informative than just a bunch of blokes dressing-up. I recall the presentation in the main arena going some way to trying to dispel the usual Great War mythology.

I was a bit concerned at the levels of fraternisation with the Hun though:

I joined in that day by wearing one of these:

Latest Threads