Great TV, Film & Radio Theme Tunes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rampant, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The nostalgia of the Obscure TV Shows and other threads led my to drag this old chestnut out:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. Ah yes, I remember it well, I also remember that it was cancelled and never really ended! :-(

3. rampant

Yeah, they only did 2 series covering the first two books and never did the third - I put a link up in the Obscure TV shows thread if ya fancy watching it online.

With the success of Dr Who, maybe they should consider re-commisioning it.

4. Barnaby Jones ! Great theme tune whilst driving
    Banana Splits
    Fall Guy
    Man from UNCLE

5. Avenues and Alleyways - think it was the theme tune to a show with Robert Vaughn - possibly called "The Protectors". Sung by the great Tony Christie, of "Amarillo" fame.

Quality never goes out of fashion. Sadly, fashion does go out of fashion so close your eyes to avoid being turned to stone by Tony's gorgonesque shirt and listen to this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rampant

That would be this:

post'em kids don't just name them

ps. A-M that was cheesy as fuck.

7. Do not know if this will work! First attempt at cheezy 70's detective stuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. I did warn you to close your eyes while you were watching it.

A much better, and intentionally cheesy video is shown below. See how many 60s and 70s references you can spot.

• Like Like x 1

9. This is the last honest! Just I remember this as a kid, cool theme for a cool war flic (For the time)

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Pentangle did a version of Light Flight for the short lived series Take Three Girls:

Always like the Hammond organ in the World In Action intro, very spooky: