• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Great quote from a Frog

This doesn't belong in Current Affairs. BUT, it's such a great quote that I don't give a damn. And, the fact that it comes from a French man says it all. Do we no longer have the nous nor the bollocks to honestly describe our heritage and our our nature. Have the PC mantra and curriculum really degenerated our culture to this? The quote is taken from the homepage of Arrse (Random Quotes). Replies not expected. (Bump??)

"The strength of the British people has always been that of a free people who take their own decisions and are ready for the greatest sacrifices to defend their freedom. How many invincible armadas has your nation defeated? How many battles has it won which everyone thought lost? Your nation has succeeded in taking up so many challenges which seemed out of reach precisely because it quite simply was convinced that its cause was right, because it had faith in itself, in its values, because in all circumstances it has demonstrated an unfailing determination and courage. In this respect, the Battle of Britain was a magnificent achievement. In the hearts and minds, even of those who fought against it, your nation has stood out through its respect of the Other, its tolerance, its way of life, its freedom of spirit which has been forged throughout a long history full of sound and fury. In all circumstances, it has succeeded in remaining itself, continued thinking for itself, and that was enough for it to embody in the eyes of many a human and political ideal. So many peoples of its former colonies have remained attached to it precisely because they had gained their freedom in the very name of the principles whose greatness it had shown them."
from Nicolas Sarkozy's speech to Parliament, 2008 (submitted by armchair_jihad)

Perfect.

However, it would be more perfecter (is that even a word?) if you tweaked it a bit.

Like replacing all mention of 'British' and it's variants to 'America' and/or 'American'.

Take away this phrase: "former colonies" and substitute with "lands that we liberated" and this quote will achieve immortality.

Is that my coat? It Is? Did you call a taxi? You did?

TAXI!!

dpcw

War Hero
not_finished_yet said:
Taxi for Mr Devil Dog. No kebabs, please.
After missing the point so badly - a Kebab is not in order for DD :-}

Chaps,

Where is the point in our kind and just site administrators giving someone an OXYGEN THIEF tag, when you daft buggers reply to his fcuking messages and even join in with his jokes?

Give me strength.....

Krazy_Ivan said:
Chaps,

Where is the point in our kind and just site administrators giving someone an OXYGEN THIEF tag, when you daft buggers reply to his fcuking messages and even join in with his jokes?

Give me strength.....
Sir,

Some of us free thinkers dont rely on an avatar to decided when and who to reply to on an open forum. Its really quite a rush to break all the rules and just let go sometime. <shudder> See? I've got the shivers now. I'm a mad man.

Room in that taxi for another?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Devil_Dog said:
Perfect.

However, it would be more perfecter (is that even a word?) if you tweaked it a bit.

Like replacing all mention of 'British' and it's variants to 'America' and/or 'American'.

Take away this phrase: "former colonies" and substitute with "lands that we liberated" and this quote will achieve immortality.

TAXI!!
Oh, you mean lie to pretend it really happened ?

How very sweet.
And... well... very, er... American.

I rather like having an 'Oxygen Thief' tag.

I also enjoy responding to other posters similarly tagged. In fact I make a point of responding to them.

I never did find out which twerp of a 'mod' tagged me nor why; and frankly my dears I coudn't give damn.

Devil_Dog said:
Perfect.

TAXI!!
Not quite sure I understand this post D_D, but I am enjoying responding.

Have fun.

lsquared said:
I rather like having an 'Oxygen Thief' tag.

I also enjoy responding to other posters similarly tagged. In fact I make a point of responding to them.

I never did find out which twerp of a 'mod' tagged me nor why; and frankly my dears I coudn't give damn.
I ditto that...