Great poster

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Dec 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. marine amputee.jpg

Great motivational poster!

2. needs more work on his shoes,

3. NO slack from ARRSERs. ;-)

4. First word I thought of was

"Determined"

5. That would never do in the British military, wearing a "leg tropical GS white" with a "leg service GS." That's mixed dress if ever I saw it.

6. Of course it all depends on which foot you put forward.

7. Nice sentiment but probably a lie!

Credit to the man and wishing him a speedy recovery back to as close to normality as you can get after a double amputation!

8. Top replies to the post, and a great 'motivational poster'. Out of interest JJH do you know if it was made with the intention of patriotism (No regrets, I I did my duty) or as irony as in 'Cheers guys, did my duty and now I have no legs'. [I would would have made a remark on US irony again but you destroyed me the last time with a comment about your uniform being well pressed.]

I don't mean this post to be disparaging in any way - I have the greatest respect for the work that the USMC does, but I was curious as to whether it was a patriotic or anti-war statement. Perhaps it can be both.

For me it's a picture of a warrior who is confident, determined, and not humbled by his injuries.

9. As far as I know it was intended to be the former rather than the latter--after all this is flag waving America not the UK! ;-)

10. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Whilst I admire the poster, I think it will only get airtime in this sort of arena.

The truth of the cost of war is never very pleasant, even if you've been there, so this would put the absolute willy shivers up the modern, liberal public.

Good for the lad and speedy road to as close to normality as possible - you have my respect.

11. Fair enough. While I reserve the right to take the piss out of American patriotism, it has for me been very satisfying to see a huge surge of support for British armed forces in the UK. Maybe it's jingoism, but I don't care - national pride can do a lot for a country. (In my day the last thing you admitted to a girl was that you were a soldier unless you were in a brothel.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Best wishes to a brave man.

... and I think the RAF white socks are a nice touch ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG] SEE RANK

Did anyone give credit to Timothy Greenfield-Sanders for use of his photography?
    Just curious.

14. Who?........

Edited to add...... don't bother, I've lost interest in your post - what little I had in the 1st place!