Great Ormond St Hospital – Please help us

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by monkeydave, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great Ormond St Hospital – Please help us?

Hi there,

Would you please take a moment to read the information below. I am a serving TA soldier and will undertake a charity challenge to climb Kilimanjaro for Great Ormond St Children’s Hospital. Would you please consider making a small donation to help raise vital funds? Even if its only £1....
    5,000 people doing the same will help me reach my target for the charity.

Thanks for reading

Dave :)

On the 14th September 2007, I will leave the UK on an 11 day mountaineering expedition to Africa and attempt to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise much needed funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

Mt Kilimanjaro is the world’s tallest freestanding mountain at 5,896m (19,340ft). One of The Seven Summits - The tallest mountains on each of the world's seven continents; the Seven Summits are among the most awe-inspiring places on Earth. Its snow and ice capped summit rises high above the dusty African plains; temperatures from 40°C to -20°C and through five ecological zones, of rain forest, moorland, alpine bogs, alpine desert, sheer rock and the ice caps.

This is a challenge to push an individual mentally and physically to the limit. Ascending, and descending over 19,000ft in the six days of being on the mountain, will take its toll on any individual, with the consent fear of succumbing to AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) ever present with any high altitude climbing, due to the low levels of oxygen. A challenge not only in raising much needed funds for charity but a huge challenge of a lifetime and sense of achievement should I succeed in reaching the summit.

http://www.justgiving.com/dangerousdaveshaw

http://www.trekkilimanjaro2007.blogspot.com

Thank you for visiting my fundraising page. Would you please sponsor me online.

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (GOSHCC) will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

Many thanks for your support.

Dave