Great. More Poor People Within 10.8 Miles of My House.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Catterick Garrison £25m 'town centre' scheme unveiled

2. I've not been to Catterick for a while, will new shops, restaurants and a cinema last very long after some pissed up squaddies have smashed the place up.

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  4. One has a degree of sympathy for those poor people. They can't choose their neighbours as most of us can.

5. £25 million? We've got everything we need in Richmond, Darlo or Stockton.

Bets on they turn the hospital into the hotel, mmm - lush. The old CMC will become the cinema (I've seen enough stories in there), and the Golf Course will become a theme park.

£25 fucking million? Someone is having a laugh.

6. Isn't it the biggest in Western Europe?

There should at least be a submarine base for £25m squids.

7. Will this town centre be run by Sodexo or Avenance?

8. How are you going to hide a submarine in the Swale? It's hard enough hiding a body.*

I just told my Nanna about it, and she said "Eeeh, my grandfathers", then went back to watching Mr and Mrs on catch-up telly. Grandad is out of hospital now and she probably hates me for waking him up, but he knows more about Corrie and Emmerdale than she does, so she's probably got another 4 hours of "Sheila, who's he? I didn't watch this crap in hospital, what time's the cricket on"?

£25 fucking million? 700 jobs? There's hope for me yet.

*I only hit him once and then chucked him off The Batts. A foot on his head helped for about an hour.

9. What's the significance of 10.8 miles? It's Catterick Garrison, not Darlington.