Great looking megolamaniacs online game!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Biped, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's called Travian, and basically, you build villages, trade, engage in diplomacy, fight wars, invade others and build alliances. It's cheap as chips, or free depending on how you play it.

We now have the ARRSE Alliance in this game and are building up resources to start attacking opfor. We have 21 members and more waiting to join - I suspect we will soon by the biggest, baddest boys on the block! :D

You need to sign up for the UKX 'Speed3' server to join the ARRSE Alliance.

For anyone looking to sign up, follow the link: Travian Sign-up

INSTRUCTIONS:

Quickest way to build a village to make settlers is:

Build on resource fields in this order:

Clay 1
    Wood 1
    Iron 1
    Wheat 1

Then same fields to level 2, then to level 3. Now start new fields and build them up in that order and so on so on. That gives you the quickest resource build up.

Main building to 5, warehouse to 8, granary to 7, residence to lvl 10, then rally point lvl 1 and build your 3 settlers.

That is the fastest way to get yourself a new village. Good luck all.

Oh..if you get attacked, make crannies...at least 3, you can demolish them later, and if you have troops send them somewhere safe...rienforce an ally or something, eventually you'll be able to build up a good defense force. If people attack and get nothing they'll stop but if they see you as a farm they'll just keep farming.

My villages so far: Bipedal

You need to develope an Embassy to beging an alliance, but I'm nearly there.

Lemme know what you think. :D

2. I tried this game about 18-24 months ago. Good fun if you're playing with a few mates and as it's web based another discreet way of passing dull office hours :lol:

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Precisely why I like it!!

4. just created an account. Smudge67

5. Just what I need! Another way of passing the time that I can access from DII! Count me in...

B-T

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Best way to start is to use your materials to evenly build up your resources. So, use the resources you are given to build up iron mines, clay mines and woodland chopping, and build up your farming to roughly half the levels of the other resources.

You can build 'crannies' to protect your hard-earned resources from raiders, build a town house, granary, warehouse, 'Hero's house, barracks, palaces, city walls and all sorts of other things, until eventually, you'll have enough troops from the barracks to invade other villages and either take them over or steal THEIR resources.

It takes a few days to build up the necessaries, and I've been doing it for three nights, so I'm on my way!

When the Alliance is set up, I'll let you know so that we can start taking on the big boys. They can take it up the ARRSE when the time is right!

7. Nice little gem....Need a while to get hang of it though

8. Just joined as Teaninich (it's a distillery in Alness)
    Will let you know when I have an Embassy.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If you go to the 'statistics' page, you can tap in the names of the villages you are interested in, bring them up on screen, copy the web address and add it to your links in the preferences section for later comms, trade deals, alliances or battles.

So far, I've got Smudge and you Murhpy.

My village names are in the first post.

10. Usernames Griffo Btw

11. Usernames Griffo Btw

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, you can be logged out, and it'll carry on as normal all the time. If you spend a couple of bob with your credit card (I mean a couple of bob), you can get the little chaps to complete the building instantly by using the Travian-Plus page.

The only problem with them carrying on doing things whilst you're away is that they soon fill up the available storage space, and then stop. You can either check more regularly to make sure you use the resources, or build a bigger granary/warehouse to store it as they collect it.

Any resources not in 'crannies' or used up on other buildings may be stolen by invaders, so it's best to use them as they come in.

13. Right! I'm off and building. Big-Timer Village (until I can think of a better name).

14. Just recently quit playing. Played on a speed server got to 8 villages with a pop of over 4k. Once i got that high it needed more and more time invested in it, especially when I started getting attacked and retaliating.
    Great game, just addictive and time consuming.

15. Bigbird101 is in the game. Dont have a village name yet but will join the alliance as soon as i have an embassy