Great Britain is now the 5th economy in the World thanks to...

ACAB

LE
Well KGB old boy, you will simply have to motivate your cheap whores and Krokodil dealers to get a grip, won't you?

Do you still arrange sojourns to the Siberian Gulags? I hear they are rather bracing at this time of year. That should focus their minds wonderfully.

Well KGB old boy, you will simply have to motivate your cheap whores and Krokodil dealers to get a grip, won't you?
I fancy that if size of Russian economy would be recalculated this way then Russia would outperform not only the UK but maybe even Germany.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure we done this weeks ago

People will have you belive that bankers getting a big bonus is wrong.
Not when they're spunking it on high class hookers and grade a Columbian marching powder it's not.

Beg to differ with your assessment @KGB_resident old-boy. No matter how you redefine it, the Russian economy is now behind that even of Zimbabwe or North Korea - and the Rouble keeps free fall...........

I'm sure that it would climb on the news of a certain ex-KGB leader's death. What do you think? Or is that a step too far for you to commit to?

If we could somehow add benefits paid into some sort of distributed wealth figure type metric (that is a sort of wealth isn't it?) then surely we would be No. 1 in the world.

Beg to differ with your assessment @KGB_resident old-boy. No matter how you redefine it, the Russian economy is now behind that even of Zimbabwe or North Korea - and the Rouble keeps free fall...........

I'm sure that it would climb on the news of a certain ex-KGB leader's death. What do you think? Or is that a step too far for you to commit to?
By the way the last week Rouble was less weak. It was firming. Though after dramatic fall this 'firming' sounds as an anecdote.
Putin... I'm not his fan at least in economic matters but he is not the worst possible variant.

It will drop further. Vlad has upset the EU, the USA and the Saudis. I forecast extensive Russian misery for the foreseeable future.

By the way the last week Rouble was less weak. It was firming. Though after dramatic fall this 'firming' sounds as an anecdote.
Putin... I'm not his fan at least in economic matters but he is not the worst possible variant.

I would love to discuss the Russian economic situation with you, but it is the season of festive goodwill and I am far from a Bloomberg terminal - so not the time to make people aware of impending misery....

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
It will drop further. Vlad has upset the EU, the USA and the Saudis. I forecast extensive Russian misery for the foreseeable future.

I suspect the EU will cave shortly and start helping the russians again.
They were showing Audi and BMW suspending sales due to the falling rouble and the exchange rate.
The Germans wion't stand that for much longer
Orders will be issued

I suspect the EU will cave shortly and start helping the russians again.
They were showing Audi and BMW suspending sales due to the falling rouble and the exchange rate.
The Germans wion't stand that for much longer
Orders will be issued
I'm prepared to guess that the firm EU stance is the price to pay for Cameron's acquiesence on not rocking the boat on any number of other EU-related issues. I'd say that EU sanctions will remain in place, or even ramp up if we get some suitably atrocious news footage from Ukraine.

I would love to discuss the Russian economic situation with you, but it is the season of festive goodwill and I am far from a Bloomberg terminal - so not the time to make people aware of impending misery....
Should have your terminal on your phone by now. :)

I'm prepared to guess that the firm EU stance is the price to pay for Cameron's acquiesence on not rocking the boat on any number of other EU-related issues. I'd say that EU sanctions will remain in place, or even ramp up if we get some suitably atrocious news footage from Ukraine.
Sanctions against Russia are hitting the Eastern EU and and Scandanavia much harder than anyone is admitting....

Agreed - but the price of doing otherwise will, in due course, be even higher. Better some pain now than immense pain later.

I fancy that if size of Russian economy would be recalculated this way then Russia would outperform not only the UK but maybe even Germany.

And their export market would be booming. Growth industry in Spain is the number of "ladies of the night" (although they are there at 10 in the morning) and called "roundabout girls" here. Mainly E European and Russian (or so the signs next to them in Russian would seem to imply).
There have been several new estates built round here, all the modern, concrete block painted white type things. Virtually all, according to our local estate agents, sold to Russians. Wonder if the falling rouble will impact on the Spanish economy as they are mainly bought off plan (deposit down, balance on completion).

Latest Threads