Great Beaten?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Devil_Dog, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the talking heads on TV here (the US), the British failure to hold Basra is the death knell that lost Iraq to the Iranians and rained on the great victory parade that we were supposed to be holding right about now. Comments by Brits' Gen. Sir Mike Jackson and Maj. Gen. Tim Cross don't seem to be helping either. We are afterall infallible and not akin to taking criticism lightly.

That is why this is the prevailing opinion among the general populance (an opinion that is supported by some of your own I might add.)

http://jonathanmiller.wordpress.com/2007/07/13/britain-has-lost-the-war-in-iraq/

It seems , the surge was going picture-perfect until the Brits decided to turn tail.

Apparently, you guys are no better than than the Frogs.

What gives??

2. We shouldn't have listened to your warmongering nation in the first place.

3. Hey don't shoot the messenger.

4. "And in other news today, pigs fly!"

5. Apparently one shouldnt reinforce failure. That would be the failure to plan for post war peace.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Iraq was a loser the second Bush decided to go in. As for us, Afghanistan is the effort we must focus on. We can't be expected to fight 2 different operations with an ever-decreasing budget, and a government that doesn't give a toss about the forces.

We are best off out of it, and as for the US moaning about us pulling out - we should never have done it in the first place, its only because bLiar was so far up Bush's arrse that we got hauled on board.

7. I did get a nice shiny medal out of it though!

8. Doesn't it make you feel that all have died in vain?

9. You could say that about most conflicts though. WWI a shining example.

10. Ooooh fancy - I got a suntan too. Well my forearms did.

11. I like to think no British Soldier ever dies in Vain but im starting to have doubts about this whole "war on terror" specifically where the hell is the rest of NATO. At the moment id rather go with the Russians, at least they have bolluck.s.

12. True true.
    PM incoming.

13. Sorry but im having another go still angry. Maybe we would be "winning" if we didnt follow the Geneva Convention like the spams and slotted every person who looked at us funny. We would have won because everyone would be dead.

14. No. Part of the job is to look out for your mates, no matter where you are or what conflict you're in. Soldiers died doing their job, which is far removed from the political circumstances that led to them being there.

It may be disappointing that an outcome isn't what everybody hoped for, but it doesn't detract from the efforts made by the soldiers.

15. Changed the title have we?

One word to respond to that: Vietnam.