• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Grating accents

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just about everybody speaks English these days, but with their own kind of accent. Some are bearable...the Dutch always raise a shmile, the Japs are arrwite, der Germans are always up for a dig, but some just get on one's tits. Any central European speaking English with an American accent makes me want to cock the Webley, as does anyone attempting to immitate our good Prince Charles whilst clearly being more suited to cleaning kitchens. Any particular bugbears you may have ? I should add I started this through listening to Indians in a drama on R 4...not all Indian English speakers bother me but some really get my rag.

Just about everybody speaks English these days, but with their own kind of accent. Some are bearable...the Dutch always raise a shmile, the Japs are arrwite, der Germans are always up for a dig, but some just get on one's tits. Any central European speaking English with an American accent makes me want to cock the Webley, as does anyone attempting to immitate our good Prince Charles whilst clearly being more suited to cleaning kitchens. Any particular bugbears you may have ? I should add I started this through listening to Indians in a drama on R 4...not all Indian English speakers bother me but some really get my rag.
I'm getting my rag and drenching it in a flammable liquid before posting it through your parent's letterbox.

They need to suffer for producing a cunt like you.

Love & hugs,

BH

I'm with padme. F***ing Scousers. "Ay, ay, ay, we're dead f**cchin' souuuwnd in The Pooouwl, Lar!!"

Fuck off, you vile, verminous, Paddies-that-can-swim, cunts. And take Hillsborough with you, you self-pitying, dole-scrounging arseholes. You even sound dishonest.

Cunts

As we know, the OP is ignored by a lot of folks here, me included. A wild stab in the dark though, tells me that ciggie has the same accent as his grating posts.

Therefore I nominate ciggies accent. From whatever fucking flange bucket planet he's from.

Posh cunts going all glottal stop (when it suits) like Toe Knee B'Liar definitely wind me up.

I'm still making my mind up about HM The Queen, and the way she and her family have re-shaped Received English.

Not that I like Her Maj's 1950s accent particularly, but I'm sick to death of the likes of Fern Cotton and her cod-mockney bollix, and HM The Q (and her tribe) moderating their accent seems to play into the same field: the one where ignorance and mediocrity are king and queen.

Prolly just me.

The Ulster accent, prime example being the host of Driving Wars on Dave, Colin Murray. His accent is so unbearable to the extent that I cannot watch the programme whilst he is speaking.

*shudders*

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
In native, ie us, English, these days women on the BBC who talk like they have a clothespeg on their nose AND do that American-based upward cadence that makes every sentence sound like a question or a grovelling request for approval.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I hate the accents of all the people in call centres who say their name is Jane or James when the first time they they have ever been close to those names is as they were handed out at the start of the shift to Gupta and his sister. Can't understand a word of what they say and then after the call I get a 'survey' asking how it went Ahhhhgh!

Latest Threads