GRASSAMATE

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by The_Tara, Feb 13, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Go on you know it makes sense. Grass a mate here and nobody will ever know it was you what stitched him up like a kipper.
    Alternatively, leave your "How to" tips here for how to commit the perfect crime.

Right guv'nor lets get out of this room the trap is ready, have em banged to rights in no time at all.

2. If you are going to go to the trouble of grassing, one may as well do it proper and nip down to the cop shop and let your local friendly rmp sort it out. Not that they don't have enought to do. But as they say, its all about job numbers.

3. If fiddling the odd 1771 counts, then speak to the local Fed det.

Not to GRASSAMATE, but to caution all the fat lazy "can't do muppet shiote" shiny suit wearing real army failures.

Oh and yes I have passed a SIC, back when it had real definitions tests.  Any suits out there who can walk the walk I'd like to hear from them.

PS.  Get those combats on Fed Wan*ers, Afgan MP's need to know the finer points of Sec 1(1) Theft Act 1968.  Any tips needed just speak to the Nig on desk.

Helmets rule!

4. It seems that nobody can do the muppet shiote then.
    Passed an SIC and not in the Branch?? Where did you fail your attachment then?
    Combats on? You havent been out of the Garrison much have you?? Percentage of manpower wise I think you will find there are more feds deployed than the rest. And you are probably right, the Afghan MPs will probably use it after we have taught them it!!
    Cheers Jock

5. The Feds will be all right in Afghanistan as long as thy don't have to read a map.  

If they do, who knows where they may end?  Iran perhaps.

Or is it only in Greece that they get lost?  ;)

6. I wonder if it was a fed who did the route signing?? No probably not.....

7. My My we are all quite wordly wise about operational postings, when was the last time any of you looked around your coffe cups and put your doughnuts down long enough to see travel abroad in some far away, awful smelling country.

Afghan MP's do me a favour, I know where you are from and what you have done or not as the case maybe and frankly the rhetoric is awful.

But this is away from the main thread which I have to say RMP's are all fond of straying from, show relevance I bet you have not heard that before in your all to short time in the service.

Please telephone the 'lets dob a mate in hotline' for a free I helped a copper badge, is this reaaly a worthy talking point?

8. Straying off this thread slightly,  but it appears that the 'We hate RMPs' thread doesn't need any input from the rest of the Army.....as they all seem to hate each other!  

Quick one for Gobby Jock (and you probably are) What's a 'Fed'? what's an 'SIC'? and if they are related and you have passed an 'SIC' (with whatever real 'definitions' are) why are you not a 'Fed'?  or have I missed something? It's obviously an 'in house' RMP thing, but you appear to be very proud of letting us know that you have passed one and are not the other (?) ( I believe that you posted the same info on another thread), so perhaps you would be so kind as to let us everyday soldiers in on the joke!

I shall now wait out for a barrage of abuse, which appears to be the standard response of some of you out there....who claim to be RMP.....alternatively my 'internet stalker' (Ein Soldat) may have something of value to add to this post...........but I won't hold my breath............and sleep!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

9. Well well Ma_sonic I have been overviewing these pages for some time and I must say you do have a lot to say for yourself probably been in trouble yourself a bit.

You sound how can I put it disgruntled ! and as for your title the next thing you will be asking me vague questions about my elderly relatives and ooooh look at my signature old news old views time to put that dog down I think. Now I may or may not know some of the red hat brigade but really do part time criminals have a say???

10. "Quick one for Gobby Jock (and you probably are) What's a 'Fed'? what's an 'SIC'? and if they are related and you have passed an 'SIC' (with whatever real 'definitions' are) why are you not a 'Fed'?  or have I missed something? It's obviously an 'in house' RMP thing, but you appear to be very proud of letting us know that you have passed one and are not the other (?) ( I believe that you posted the same info on another thread), so perhaps you would be so kind as to let us everyday soldiers in on the joke!"

ma sonic.  a "fed" is someone who's in the SIB.  Quite often someone who has spent about 14 years in GPD (General Police Duties), or uniform and has realised he is not going to make it to Sgt.  However, there are exceptions to the rule and the SIB is full of SNCOs who would've made it in GPD if they'd stayed.  

After passing an busy attachment to the SIB for 6 months and a quite intensive SIC (Special Investigation Course) and providing they are ready for promotion after completing the RMP Sgt's course, they will transfer to the "Branch" and get their third stripe.  

It is hard and you need to put a lot of hours in the learn serious crime and police law, even from the basics again to high level stuff, Rapes, Murders etc.  

Gobby Jock has passed an attachment and has done the SIC but has chosen at the end not to transfer.  The hours are very long, more so in Germany and 10 hour days are the norm even at weekends if something big comes in.  at that point, everyone comes in, until the job is finished.  I work at least 60 hrs a week even when it's "quiet".    

In fact, I'll probably do what Gobby Jock has done and bin it at the end.  I'm not going to flog my guts out every weekend for a job when I can knock off at lunchtime on Fridays and do the occasional duty.  Ram it...

11. if you are one of these feds why are you called bodie? ;D

12. Given the content of your narrative Bodie, I would have believed that it was 'harder' to be a 'fed' than a uniform Sgt?  (That attachment and the course you mention)Now that you have kindly made the situation clearer and I think that I may have got my head around the 'differences', I must say that all of the SIB or 'feds', which I have met, have been young SSgts (mid to late 20's!)not the 14 yr Sgts which you have described, but thanks for the information, maybe now I can keep up with the thread!  

13. masonic,
                  i think the reason you've seen a lot of young staffy's is that a few years ago they relaxed the rules in that rmp nco's did not need to complete 6 yrs min service before transfer to the branch.  this meant that there was a dearth of ncos "fast tracked" as it were.  
           what i was getting at is the sib is not an entirely attractive proposition and is sometimes a route for loser gpd cpls who will never make it in uniform.  ie going on exercise or indeed having to be multi talented in some respects by having to know policework AND provost ops AND manage the careers of the younger pl members.
                   many gpd get a bit pissed off at seeing cpls who were fat lazy bastards going nowhere who have applied themselves temporarily and learned their policework and been promoted on the back of it.  bottom line is, they're still losers and the snidey route they've taken is obvious!!!!   i do however maintain this is the exception to the rule and the majority who go sib have just realised they prefer wearing collar and tie to folding cam nets and painting lannies... and picking up pissed guys downtown.  

14. I think Bodie, that you have some issues my freind ;)

15. A few years ago ! Do me a favour, the branch will take any bugger these days, it won't be long before they manage to get themselves on the higher rate just to keep the numbers up. And don't think Tamsin will get you any more recruits, don't forget they have to go through GPD for a while before they can be a junior Cpl and go on an attachment, say the right things (and yes pass the SIC, which i am sure is geting harder, not) before transferring over and working all those hours. SIB SNCO's on ops, how does it go ? Follow me lads i'm right behind you!