Grasping French twats!

Nationalise energy supply. Let’s pay a fair price, not get robbed blind!
They’ve just jumped on the bandwagon pocketing every penny of these enormous increases.

The French government have limited their energy increase costs to 4% for French users. The UK government have said tough sh*t in so many words. Suck it up and pay the increase.

Over the last year my night rate KwH has doubled and the day rate has gone up 45%.
From April it will all go up another 30 to 40%, so what part of France will it be limited to 4% as I would like to move there?
Many thanks.

Dread

LE
Here in poor little Hungary, I'm suffering with a price of 2.56 pence per kWh for natural gas. It's the cheapest in the EU, and the price is fixed for the next 10 years (WW3 allowing). I do however have to pay an obscenely huge 'standing charge' of 21 quid a year (5.7 pence per day).

Electricity is more expensive at 9 pence per kWh. Same 'standing charge' of 5.7 pence per day applies.

As we all know, energy prices are going to an upward turn from April. EDF just sent us their new tariffs, everyone reckons paying upto 50% more but it seems that EDF aren't happy with that, oh no they want nearly 100% on the unit (kWh) rates as seen below:-
View attachment 641858

NSP

LE
Sunlight. Tidal. Nucular.
Solar over-rated here. Tidal? - there's that big impeller in Belfast Loch and...? Are they saying nuclear is environmentally-friendly now...? Could they not have decided that twenty years ago and cracked on building the things instead of dithering about...?!!!!

In my part of Germany Diesel cheapest around 1.60 Euro and Super 1.75 Euro ( varies between 1.75 and 1.85 around 20 times a day) I have actually drove in petrol station when it was 1.76 and as i was opening the tank it went up to 1.81.....LOL

I found in the past German gas stations were cheapest in the mornings. In the run-up to bank holidays the prices are ramped up further.

Filled up in Luxembourg whenever possible.

Am with E.D.F. I live in a 32 M2 flat all electric, water and heating included in my rent. Am on tarif bleu @ 6 kw
I have the Linky meter fitted. My monthly bill, since 01.01.22, is 22 € and 28 cents. When i leave my flat i cut off the supply. (€)
Eat and drink out doors most day's If i want a café chez moi, i use hot tap water but that's rare, usually have beer or wine
I only make the occasional snack and it's always cold (eat directly out of the tin or packet, like jambon / ham) No washing up to do !
Have an auld biddy who likes to cook for me now and again
She also washes my clothes and folds them neatly, once a month,approx!
I take her to the resto for a meal now and again, midday and only the plat de jour (€). More so in summer
When at the bistrot, i recharge my phone there (€)
My flat for me serves only for to recieve mail and to sleep... télé a bit
Home conforts are just not my scene, man

And they say the Scottish are tight!

Nationalise energy supply. Let’s pay a fair price, not get robbed blind!

I have veterans on my Facebook page who are saying they simply can’t afford these increases on the amount of pension they get and will go cold.

Then consider all the others up and down the UK on limited income who will also have to ration their heating etc. Many of them with children.

The energy companies aren’t paying out extra money to extract the gas out of the ground. They’ve just jumped on the bandwagon pocketing every penny of these enormous increases.

The French government have limited their energy increase costs to 4% for French users. The UK government have said tough sh*t in so many words. Suck it up and pay the increase.

See 1st post viz April and 2nd post on how were being hit with various other taxes

Sure they (briefly capped prices) but its coming out of our taxes

F*ck the robbing b*st*rds. Nationalise it and pay a fair price!
How will nationalising help given that the costs gone up because fossil fuel costs have gone up - Unless of cousre youre calling for it to be subsidised - which yes saves a fortune on leccy bills but you will pay more tax to cover it - hows that helping?
Nuclear power would help or indeed using that gas located under the UK which means ignoring the eco loons objections and pointing out using it short term allows the economy to survive and investment in alternative sources.

See 1st post viz April and 2nd post on how were being hit with various other taxes

How will nationalising help given that the costs gone up because fossil fuel costs have gone up - Unless of cousre youre calling for it to be subsidised - which yes saves a fortune on leccy bills but you will pay more tax to cover it - hows that helping?
Nuclear power would help or indeed using that gas located under the UK which means ignoring the eco loons objections and pointing out using it short term allows the economy to survive and investment in alternative sources.

Economies of scale and removing the domestic wholesale and retail markets mark-ups would put a sizeable dent in the cost to the end user.

Are they saying nuclear is environmentally-friendly now...? Could they not have decided that twenty years ago and cracked on building the things instead of dithering about...?!!!!
I absolutely agree.

We'll all be warm enough soon....;)

To quote Pink Floyd:

"And now the weather. Tomorrow will be cloudy with scattered showers
Spreading from the east with an expected high of 4000 degrees Celsius"

Two Suns in the Sunset

Someone's not reading the script. On the day Russia attacks Ukraine I've just been passed the petrol station and diesel is down to €1.38 and petrol at €1.43.

Shame I filled up the other day.

Someone's not reading the script. On the day Russia attacks Ukraine I've just been passed the petrol station and diesel is down to €1.38 and petrol at €1.43.

Shame I filled up the other day.

Well that didn't last long. Diesel now up to €144.9 per litre and petrol at €154.9 in the same garage.

Well that didn't last long. Diesel now up to €144.9 per litre and petrol at €154.9 in the same garage.

I went into town on Thursday, and listening to the radio, they were on about $8/gal soon. I needed to refuel, so was expecting like $4 or $5. Er no, $3.06, like it's been for weeks. Interested to see what it is now though.

As we all know, energy prices are going to an upward turn from April. EDF just sent us their new tariffs, everyone reckons paying upto 50% more but it seems that EDF aren't happy with that, oh no they want nearly 100% on the unit (kWh) rates as seen below:-
View attachment 641858

I can’t see that because I’m on RoPs. I’m not with edf, my changes are:

Electricity - up 30% per unit. Daily standing charge up 95%.

Gas - up 80% per unit. Daily standing charge up 5%.

I don’t know how that compares to yours.

anglo

LE

Tell me about these alternative sources, and why we haven't got them now.

Latest Threads