Graphics tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by msr, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Has anyone got any recommendations, or better one they no longer use?

msr

2. For digital imaging the Wacom range is worth checking out.

3. I've got a Wacom Intuos and it's the business and still going strong. If you only want one temporarily I can lend you it for a few weeks, no problem.

4. The Bamboo range (also from Wacom) are good a bit further down market - you can get them for about 1/3 the price of a Small Intuos 4. Depends what you want it for, I suppose.

5. msr

msr LE

Just to try out really...

6. bamboo is fine for most general use, for serious graphic work then [skintish] graphire or intuos if not so [skintish], i wouldnt waste money on anything else, tablets do take a little effort to get used to but i find i speed my design workflow up 50% at least.

7. They take a bit of getting used to but become intuitive to use quickly. The beauty is that they can be pressure sensitive. I would only recommend getting one for use with Photoshop and 3d modelling/CAD applications. And then only for really detailed work. There's really no point in forking out the cash to use one as a glorified mouse.

8. Absolutely.We use one at work to control the video conferencing gear, but some dunce lost the stylus.Tw@.

9. Will have a check when I get home - there's one around somewhere I just can't remember if the stylus has gone walkies - it'll be an A4 or A3 Intuos type

10. Do they still 'pucks' with the four buttons on, first CAD I used in 1990.

Took the software 7 hours to a walk through in a line drawn room!

11. Try PMing older_by_the_day - he's pretty well read on all of this kind of stuff.