GRANTHAM TAFS2

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kayak8889, Feb 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP, MY BORTHER IS ABOUT TO GO ONTO HIS TAFS2 COURSE AT GRANTHAM AND HE WANTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PLACE -WHATS ITS LIKE-AND WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN HE GETS THERE..
    IS THERE AN ASSAULT COURSE THERE,
    AND IS THERE MUCH TO DO AT NIGHT-EVEN THOUGTH I EXPECT HE WILL BE BOOT CLEANING AND IRONING...

2. Ah Grantham, the emotional scars run deep.

There is an asault cse there but you can't use it [and why would you want to?].

Evenings, - roll down the hill to the town. Get yourself in to chicago rock and party with the local pointy heads.

Tell your brother that if he meets a girl called sarah, and if she has a squint and a bit of a funny leg that I lost her number but I never forgot her....mores the pity :oops:

3. I had a half naked youth run screaming across the bar and hurl himself on top of me in a bar in Grantham once. I think it was a kind of homosexual mating ritual.

No hang on it can't have been, he had a girlfriend. I know because I was kissing her at the time.... :D

4. Shouldn't he know about about the place from his TAFS 1 ?

Very straightforward weekend though as I recall - have initial kit issue, bit of drill, practice fitness assessment , some drill , number of presentations and then some drill.

Regrettably Chicago Rock has closed - still a number of great places to meet the locals though, including a nightclub with a '70s style illuminated dance floor (can't remember the name)

5. By TAFS 2 course do you mean the two week CMS(R) TA course which is also run there (as well as Pirbright and Litchfield)? I just thought that the TAFS weekends were run by your units in whatever TAC has the facillities.

It's not likely they will be allowed off camp and depending on the training team it may well be a dry course until you proove yourselves worthy enough to manage that ration of 2 pints o' beer.

TAFS 2 weekend is pretty much like the description above:
    For info on the TA initial training courses look at http://www.atra.mod.uk/tasite/

6. THE TAFS2 COURSE AT GRANTHAM IS NOW A TWO WEEK COURSE,
    THEN HE WILL GO ON TO DO HIS TAFS3 WHICH IN HIS CASE IS IN SUNNY BORDON WHICH LASTS 10 DAYS

7. Agh please stop writing in CAPITAL FREAKIN LETTERS, and you're probably a troll or something.

TAFS 1 to 4 are weekend modules or a similar length fast track course.
    CMS(R) TA is the two week course at Grantham/Pbright/Lfield
    You then have training GAP or "TA Additional Skills Training" which is 4 more weekends after that-or a fast track course of similar length.

Did you even look at that website? :roll:

(yes I know the website has not been updated since April 2003 but the info is pretty much correct).

Feck it if I'm going to bite I'll do it good. :twisted:

8. Yes the old website gives out more information than the new website.
    cheers i will pass the info on to him :)