Grantham - Prince William of Gloucester Barracks - Rant here

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nothing really. Gym's well equipped, food isn't terrible, alcohol's cheap. Mace shop is quite well stocked and reasonable. It's always too hot indoors but only during summer.

I quite enjoy my visits to the place. What is it you dislike so much?.

As a regular soldier and having been administered by Grantham I have got to say you have probably the best Admin/pay guru (not a reg) SSGT I have met in the Army in nearly 20 years. Some one who actually bothers to help you unlike majority of the regular clerks I have met.

I enjoyed my mandatory STAB time at PWOG.

Food wasn't bad, although there was a mad lesbian instructor who severely trampled on my dreams of one day finding a hot army lesbian who would like to play 'hide the sausage' with me and another of her svelt, be-breasted chums.

danglydell said:
Chicagooooooooooooooooooo's is good ;-)
Gravity is better.

Did the BOWMAN course up there, decent enough camp for a TA/transit/courses type camp. I've lived in far worse blocks, the food was alright, the gym was good (not that I spent all that much time in there), the town isn't Blandford or Andover, although it is quite pointy headed and there are some hot, hot women down there.

Chalky said:

Food wasn't bad, although there was a mad lesbian instructor who severely trampled on my dreams of one day finding a hot army lesbian who would like to play 'hide the sausage' with me and another of her svelt, be-breasted chums.
I would echo that, although my recollection was there were several lesbian instructors....

On comparison to other training establishments including facilities and instructors I would say that Grantham is definitely forward thinking.
In terms of training and the way you are treated and taught it definitely caters for the more mature TA soldier.
I personally get the impression that it is not a sausage factory, and in return you don’t get treated as a group but an individual.

The_IRON said:
As a regular soldier and having been administered by Grantham I have got to say you have probably the best Admin/pay guru (not a reg) SSGT I have met in the Army in nearly 20 years. Some one who actually bothers to help you unlike majority of the regular clerks I have met.
I know who you mean. Its a shame that the other staff are so difficult to deal with. they like to find reasons why something cannot be done rather than just crack on with it.

The Manageress in the Sgts Mess takes some beating !!! (or maybe should take a beating) Stayed there on a weekend and it was like booking in at Stalag luft 5 !!

the royal oaks where most go now,from what i can gather chicagos as now re-opened all be it under a different name my 1 rant would be the old lad on the pol point, yee gods :(

ssupersixfour said:
Chalky said:

I would echo that, although my recollection was there were several lesbian instructors....
Please Sir can I go on a lesbian course ? there seems to be no shortage of instructors.

forester said:
The Manageress in the Sgts Mess takes some beating !!! (or maybe should take a beating) Stayed there on a weekend and it was like booking in at Stalag luft 5 !!
if its the blonde one with bucked teeth then i know who you mean, my mate shagged her years ago and said she is a nymph

smudgasmiff said:
the royal oaks where most go now,from what i can gather chicagos as now re-opened all be it under a different name my 1 rant would be the old lad on the pol point, yee gods :(
is that the fat old cnut who looks like jim royale from the royale family, yep he is a cnut. everythings a drama to him even if you ask him the time. best way to piss him off is when you take the filler cap of your Veh place it on top of the pump, Fcukinel does he go mad

The legionnaires in the showers and the rip off price for a less than decent bottle of port.

Oh and the inconvenient speed bumps. I'm pretty sure I lost a part of my car to one of them.

All in all, a nice enough place though and I can't believe Que Pasa the hunting den of the ugly and the old hasn't been mentioned.

antphilip said:
The legionnaires in the showers and the rip off price for a less than decent bottle of port.

Oh and the inconvenient speed bumps. I'm pretty sure I lost a part of my car to one of them.

All in all, a nice enough place though and I can't believe Que Pasa the hunting den of the ugly and the old hasn't been mentioned.
the legionaires is being sorted now!!! they have the builders in putting in new pipes. mess bills and beer will go up.

i am glad the speed bump outside the NAFFI has gone but they moved the b loody thing further up the road, how much did that cost??? when money could be spent on better things like better civvies and not the knobbers who work there now
:)

Colonel_Foreskin-Crumb said:
antphilip said:

the legionaires is being sorted now
!!! they have the builders in putting in new pipes. mess bills and beer will go up.

i am glad the speed bump outside the NAFFI has gone but they moved the b loody thing further up the road, how much did that cost??? when money could be spent on better things like better civvies and not the knobbers who work there now
:)
Well that took quite long enough, much like the lovely mess staff who assured that one set of showers was clear. We were somewhat shocked to come back later to find it quarantined like the rest.

Still G&T is cheap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Operator The Training Wing 10
kayak8889 Army Reserve 10
kayak8889 Army Reserve 7