Grantham phase 1 a

Well im hopefully starting my training this weekend , that is if my unit ave got me my second issue kit before then... cant wiat to get started and was wondering if anyone else was going there this weekend??

Im there on my third weekend- youll probably find your not the only one whos missing kit, the amount of guys sent without bashas or even combat jackets is absolutely insane! Just get onto your unit about it, as i think the staff there are starting to get a bit pissed off with it, and might start RTU'ing people

nice just the start i'd need as well...

so what happens on the first weekend then??

been getting on at my unit now for the past 3 weeks maybe more about lack of second issue kit.. but hey ho its always the "going be here next week " story.. it is starting to pi** me of abit as guys that joined after me have got all thier kit and tey aint doing the training till end of july..

Well when you turn up on the friday night they will give you a timetable for the whole course (6 weekends) and then take you over to your accommodation. Youll have a few hours to yourself, so get your boots polished and your kit ironed. A nice early start on the saturday, with a high quality breakfast in the cookhouse (that was intended to be sarcastic). You'll then crack on with plenty of lessons during the day, PT, classroom lectures and skill at arms, and spend the first night out in the field, so you will defintely need your second kit issue. Just take on board everything your being taught, dont act the prat and youll cruise through it.

Edited for spelling

Thanks for the advice..

lets hope i get the kit issued by then .... aint holding my breath though..
is the cookhouse that good then ??

Welcome to the TA. If you can't get kit from stores there is always Ebay!
There is nothing that screams confidence in the system then stepping into the Gas Chamber in a noddy suit bought of ebay for £3.

Thanks for that advice lord... dont think i'll risk the ebay noddy suit....

whats the training team like at Grantham then anyone got opinions on them ??

stefm33 said:
Thanks for that advice lord... dont think i'll risk the ebay noddy suit....

whats the training team like at Grantham then anyone got opinions on them ??
The nobby suits where a bulk buy for the rest of the recruits being fobbed off by the Stores. The came sealed. I think we got about 7 of them 2 years ago. Still going strong!

I hear that Grantham is a bit pants.

Take a small radio for the evenings.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
stefm33 said:
wondering if anyone else was going there this weekend??
I will be, but not for the reason you are.

is the cookhouse that good then ??
No, its foul beyond any possible description.

I hear that Grantham is a bit pants.
You heard right. Ghost town these days, proper inbred community. It's twinned with Bridgend, although you may find yourself hanging around at a loose end down town...

I did all my training at Grantham. As a Soldier under Training you won't be allowed off the camp so don't worry what the town is like.
The cookhouse? Well, I thought it was rubbish but you should try Deepcut cookhouse! Makes Grantham look pretty good.
The training team are good up there, remember to listen and act on what you are told.

had some really great nights out in grantham,royal oak on a wed night should see you right ,sure to boost you morale !

the Night clubs awesome also just down from the kebbab shop !

Depends on the training team you get some really good blokes ,if its the RLC team you get but im not sure you do ?

Not sure, its been a while since i was there! There was a lady WO1 i think? She was good. Blimey, can't remember any of the names. There was a WO1, older bloke, gave us our CBRN lecture, smoked a bit, now he was a nice guy.

Hey panic over at last got to the TAC last night to be handed my second kit.... all set now for the weekend training at Grantham..

Hopefully it wont be too hot at the weekend,

thanks for all your advice its all been taken in

BRING ON THE TRAINING ..

Hi guys, slightly off topic here. I am starting my TA weekends as a 2 weeks course. I would of probably preferred to do the weekends but with the course I could be trained in under 3 weeks time.

I wondered how does the 2 week course differ from the weekends. The lad I am going down with said they will be a lot more strict and its full of ex regs. I appreciate there maybe lads who have completed Week 4/5 so they will have done most of it before. Isn't it just simulating the weekends with a few extra moments of down time.

Thanks

Latest Threads