Grand Theft Auto IV

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Kaye, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Is there any news on the upcoming GTA IV yet? Last thing I heard was that it would be released late in the first quarter of 2008.
    Since we're halfway through february now, I wondered if there was any news on it?
  2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

When its ready?

looks like April 29th.
  3. it looks pukka, althought somewhat similar to saints row on the xbox360
    im tempted to buy the special edition
  4. Me Too! :D
  5. I see Rockstar have once again knocked back Nintendo's console for a GTA game. In the Gamecube's case I could understand it, as profits would have been comparatively low. What about the Wii though? This system has outsold all other consoles, making a GTA game would be a banker. Let's face it, if they can bring one out for the PSP then surely a version for the Wii isn't a big risk?
  6. The wii wouldn't be able to handle it.

PS3 and 360 games ca be ported straight across with no major dramas,a wii version would have to be totally redesigned to run on a less powerfull system.
  7. Nail , hammer , head *doink* Apparently theyve had to do ALOT of tweaking and portalling to make it stable on the 360 as well , which gives us some idea of the level of detail .

This was one for the resons a bought a 360 ( along with Street fighter IV :clap: , and soul calibur 4 on live - both due sometime this year) been waiting on this for ages , wish you lot hadn't reminded me...
  8. The point I was trying to make is that I have a Wii, and I'm nitter as f*ck that I can't play any GTA games. When PSP first came out Sony released two GTA games for it, which weren't faithful ports but were decent games in their own right. I was hoping for a 'GTA Remix', while the current GTA IV frenzy is about to peak.

The Wii's hardware isn't exactly awe inspiring, but if a PSP or PS2 can do it, why not the Wii?
  9. I feel your pain skint boy, I've stopped buying nintendos,they make good consoles, they just don't seem to be very well suported games wise.