Granby Gong Rosette

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Track_Link, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The medal issued for Granby. Where the fack does the Rosette go, Ribbon or Gong?
  2. Ribbon surely?
  3. Ribbon!
  4. Ribbon, the gong has the bar to denote active service.
  5. I dont mean the ribbon ribbon... I mean the ribbon.

I made that very clear didn't I. Ha ha!
  6. Full details are laid out in DCI Gen 185/91.
    Like most medals it states

'When the ribbon alone is worn, a silver rosette denotes award of the Clasp.'

So on your Number 2 dress medal ribbons, (not the medal itself) will have a rosette to show that you have a bar on the medal you have been awarded.
    So if you have a Bar on the medal you do not need a rosette.
  7. Roger that. Cheers!
  8. You've been a long time wondering that then, surely you were issued the Medal and Ribbon 17 or 18 years ago and would have worn it many times, a bit late for the rosette question now isn't it?! 8)
  9. Why is it worn by certain high ranking folk on both?...

Quis Separabit
  10. i have queried this before is it on the ribbon or both when my medal was recieved it actully came with rosete already on the medal ribbon as well as the bar ,this was for eveyone in the unit it was only when i was posted that i was made to take it off the medal ribbon.
  11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Shouldn't be. As with other other gongs, the only additions to the medal ribbon are QCVS and MID.
  12. The usual.............. they haven't got a clue :roll:
  13. Same here except no one ever told me to take it off. So mine still has one on the medal ribbon as well as the bar and one on the ribbon ribbon.
  14. Thank goodness for that - for a moment there I thought I'd been improperly dressed for the past 18 years... :roll:

Quis Separabit
  15. the south atlantic medal seems to favour rossette on the medal ribbon as well as the other thingy.

i know there was much discussion about this and the relationship between SAM and Granby, it was suggested that those involved in a prescribed area wore it on the medal ribbon and those outdside that area but still within criterea wore it without.

Im not sure what the official line is but over the years less and less have worne it on the medal ribbon.