• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Gran 81 complains to Thomas Cook about her holiday in Spain ruined with too many Spanish people there...

I just don't get the British obsession of having chips with everything. Also, eggs and chips for dinner? It's just weird.
Every campo, ie, remote in the countryside, restaurant here has a daily changing 'menu del dia'.

The only constant dish is egg and chips. The Spanish labourers love it. Carbs and protein see!

She's doing a shit job with her "compo face" too.

Doubt I`ll make it, most likely mess revolver before then.
Oh yeah.
Who wants to live to a hundred?

The man who's ninety nine.

Given her age and stupidity a definite Brexiteer.
Dont be silly weve been repeatedly assured Brexiters are all European hating xenophobic racists who want to see an end of international travel.

Madame wanted to holiday in a European country - therefore she must be an ignorant remainer

Of course its entirely possible she just an ignorant twat and didn't vote at all - but lets not let any opportunity to pass us by to make the same tediously dull "jokes" about the same carefully crafted, to avoid acknowledging intelligent people can have a different opinion to the one you will accept, lazy stereo type.

Last edited:
7: A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
I some times think Adolf had a fair point about compulsory sterilisation of certain individuals -
Its unfortunate that his rather unpleasant criteria will forever condemn eugenics and population control measures to cries of Fascism.

Had he stuck to the insane the mentally retarded we could be spared a decent into a society resembling idiocracy.

12: "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
Having seen (and heard) a young woman come screaming up a beach in Spain because there were fish in the water - ive no doubt this ones true

Bloody Spanish, staying at home, going to their own beaches...

Dont be silly weve been repeatedly assured Brexiters are all European hating xenophobic racists who want to see an end of international travel.

Madame wanted to holiday in a European country - therefore she must be an ignorant remainer

Of course its entirely possible she just an ignorant twat and didn't vote at all - but lets not let any opportunity to pass us by to make the same tediously dull "jokes" about the same carefully crafted, to avoid acknowledging intelligent people can have a different opinion to the one you will accept, lazy stereo type.

Ohh, you're for it now!

He decided to have a go at me for just tagging his post "Dumb", so be prepared for the full intellectual, world shattering wrath that is Chimp.

Ohh, you're for it now!

He decided to have a go at me for just tagging his post "Dumb", so be prepared for the full intellectual, world shattering wrath that is Chimp.
Dont care - Even as one who thinks Brexit shouldn't be going ahead in light of the slim majority im finding certain individuals and their Brexiters are all dumb comments scrawled over every thread is getting to be every bit as dull as other individuals and their variations of all muzzies are terrorists.

No, because post-Brexit they`'ll refuse her (and her ilk) an entry visa.
They will be laying off street cleaners after Brexit. Far fewer pavement pizzas to wash away will lengthen the Spanish dole queues.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a lot been said about Brits abroad being Philistines regarding local culture.
Personally I don't like "beach" holidays, I prefer looking around and trying different foods.
However. How many people just go abroad for some decent weather? While they are burning themselves they want some home comforts. chips, warm beer and Sky television. It's their holidays so why not let them enjoy themselves? There are plenty of people willing to cater to their needs after all.
If we could guarantee good weather here, there would be no need for "them" totravel. That would leave the exotic locations purely for the aficionados.

There's a lot been said about Brits abroad being Philistines regarding local culture.
Personally I don't like "beach" holidays, I prefer looking around and trying different foods.
However. How many people just go abroad for some decent weather? While they are burning themselves they want some home comforts. chips, warm beer and Sky television. It's their holidays so why not let them enjoy themselves? There are plenty of people willing to cater to their needs after all.
If we could guarantee good weather here, there would be no need for "them" totravel. That would leave the exotic locations purely for the aficionados.

The thing is....... you can take advantage of the herd by taking charter, flight onlies to get somewhere good on the cheap, then head off on your own.

Malaga..... then head off to Seville or Granada.

Girona.... then give Lloret a swerve and head up into Catalonia.

Naples, forget Sorrento and stay in Naples and discover the north of the bay.

Yeah sorry about that, I was drunk, went into the wrong toilet and then, even worse, missed the bowl
Well well Pike , shitting on the floor in the ladies loo. I doubt that you were drunk though.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The thing is....... you can take advantage of the herd by taking charter, flight onlies to get somewhere good on the cheap, then head off on your own.

Malaga..... then head off to Seville or Granada.

Girona.... then give Lloret a swerve and head up into Catalonia.

Naples, forget Sorrento and stay in Naples and discover the north of the bay.
We ended up in extreme South East of Italy near Otranto one year, the only Brits in the town let alone the resort. The locals were all hats, gloves and scarves. We thought it was roasting and were wondering around in t shirts and shorts!

We ended up in extreme South East of Italy near Otranto one year, the only Brits in the town let alone the resort. The locals were all hats, gloves and scarves. We thought it was roasting and were wondering around in t shirts and shorts!
Works both ways. We were in the UK last month watching poms in shorts and singlets whining about the hot weather. Felt like a pleasant spring day to us.

Alas there are a few who were behind the door when brain cells were being issued.
Granny is not alone there are more like her out there.

20 astonishing holiday complaints

Personal fave, no.12

Beaches too sandy? Too many fish in the sea? Unexpected pregnancies? Here, for your amusement, are 20 of the most outrageous, ridiculous and stupid travel complaints made by tourists to their travel agents

These complaints are all taken from a survey from Thomas Cook and ABTA, revealing 20 of the most ridiculous complaints holidaymakers made to their travel agent.
This has just reminded me of a holiday we took on the Queen Mary 2 a few years back. On the first afternoon on board we overheard an obnoxious American lady berating a member of staff loudly in public about the amount of 'movement' on board and that it was a disgrace that no-one had warned her that the ship would not be constantly and absolutely level. She had obviously read that QM2 was designed for transatlantic crossings and was very stable and understood that to mean that there would be no pitch or roll at all.

The kicker was that we were actually still moored up in Southampton and hadn't even left port...

Given that we were heading for the Med via the Bay of Biscay (and it was rough during the crossing) I'm not sure how well she fared.

This has just reminded me of a holiday we took on the Queen Mary 2 a few years back. On the first afternoon on board we overheard an obnoxious American lady berating a member of staff loudly in public about the amount of 'movement' on board and that it was a disgrace that no-one had warned her that the ship would not be constantly and absolutely level. She had obviously read that QM2 was designed for transatlantic crossings and was very stable and understood that to mean that there would be no pitch or roll at all.

The kicker was that we were actually still moored up in Southampton and hadn't even left port...

Given that we were heading for the Med via the Bay of Biscay (and it was rough during the crossing) I'm not sure how well she fared.
As an aside, we did the Bruges cruise last year from Southampton but prior to that as an intro we had lunch on the same ship a few weeks before whilst it was in change over.

I hadn't realised that the ship wasn't level until I saw the water in the swimming pools. The guide explained tha they were still taking on stores, fuel and luggage so hadn't levelled the ship yet, or so he claimed.

I didn't feel any swaying, but one of the couples on the tour could and they admitted they got seasick easily so I guess it's down to perception.

And I wouldn't do a Bruges cruise again.