Gran 81 complains to Thomas Cook about her holiday in Spain ruined with too many Spanish people there...

jim30

LE
Grandma, 81, hits out at Thomas Cook for 'disaster' Benidorm holiday

I think we need a moments silence to reflect on the experience of Ms Jackson in Spain...

"Ms Jackson, who had never booked with the British holiday company before going to Benidorm three months ago, said Thomas Cook ‘mis-sold’ and ‘ruined’ her dream holiday. She claims that one of her biggest disappointments with the holiday was the ‘rudeness’ of other Spanish holidaymakers and the lack of entertainment catered towards British tourists, such as English tribute acts.

The former care assistant, who was born in Whalley, said: “The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves because they were just so rude. “One evening a Spanish guy nearly knocked me flying and he just walked off without even apologising. The entertainment in the hotel was all focused and catered for the Spanish. Why can’t the Spanish go somewhere else for their holidays?”

NSP

LE
Awesome! How she made it to 81 without collecting a Darwin Award astounds me.

Has anyone blamed brexit yet?

Last edited:
It always makes me laugh when Brits abroad make fcukall effort to learn a few basic phrases then moan no one speaks English , expats who dont bother to learn the lingo are just idle thick twats , most have time on their hands but just get pissed all day and moan about the locals.

No, because post-Brexit they`'ll refuse her (and her ilk) anentry visa.
Hurrah for Brexit (for the Spanish, we'll be stuck with the retards like her)

Yokel

LE
No English tribute acts? I know an old CPO who retired to Benidorm to run a bar, and has a liking for Karioke. He can actually sing. His Spanish may be a bit limited. I remember a training event in which he was role playing a foreign VIP visiting (a) ship's Captain and not understanding instructions like 'BACK'. The trouble is he sounded like Manuel from Fawlty Towers - we pissed ourselves laughing.

Benidorm old town (specifically) is not unpleasant and part of it is that Spaniards, both locals and holidaymakers from other parts of Spain mix quite happily with 'foreigners'.

Who'd have thought a Spanish 'seaside' would attract Spaniards though. You'd never see English people in Skeggy, Clacton or Bognor would you.

A dream holiday to Benidorm... this is satire, right?
I was there in 2013 ( Girls holiday) we stayed in the old town close to Tapas Alley and away from the mental part. We ventured into the new town for one night I had never seen so many 3/4 length beige tracksuit bottoms, prison tattoos, polo shirts with the collars turned up and middle aged woman shoehorned into too tight clothes ( Why they can't buy a larger size i will never know) Sticky Vicky was still doing the rounds putting on her show whilst the parents laughed and their toddlers slept in prams! We didnt spend long there as my friend came out of the toilet shouting " we are leaving now". I said "what's up" and she said someone had defecated on the floor of the ladies. It was 9pm! As we walked back to our hotel, we were cat called and followed by the Spanish Police. It was certainly an eye opener!

We went to Tenby (the one in south Wales)
It was full of bl**dy Welsh people!
Who'd have thought it?

Stavanger

Old-Salt
Not all English people are lazy and unwilling to try their hand at speaking the local patois
One of our finest cultural ambassadors carved out his place in linguistic history with this fine exchange
Take that Johnny Foreigner!

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just got back from the south of France. My French is abysmal but I gave it my best and it seemed to be appreciated as at least making an effort. Didn't meet another Brit family the whole week, the place was full of French! Whodathunkit? Not only that, wherever we went the place was litter free, clean and welcoming.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Not all English people are lazy and unwilling to try their hand at speaking the local patois
One of our finest cultural ambassadors carved out his place in linguistic history with this fine exchange
Listen verrry carfully. I shall say this onlie wance.

I was there in 2013 ( Girls holiday) we stayed in the old town close to Tapas Alley and away from the mental part. We ventured into the new town for one night I had never seen so many 3/4 length beige tracksuit bottoms, prison tattoos, polo shirts with the collars turned up and middle aged woman shoehorned into too tight clothes ( Why they can't buy a larger size i will never know) Sticky Vicky was still doing the rounds putting on her show whilst the parents laughed and their toddlers slept in prams! We didnt spend long there as my friend came out of the toilet shouting " we are leaving now". I said "what's up" and she said someone had defecated on the floor of the ladies. It was 9pm! As we walked back to our hotel, we were cat called and followed by the Spanish Police. It was certainly an eye opener!
Yeah sorry about that, I was drunk, went into the wrong toilet and then, even worse, missed the bowl

He's a scouser. He just went and nicked an accent belonging to someone else.

Latest Threads