• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Graded P8

Hi, just wondering i got graded P8 5 years ago for a medical condition. However it is now treated, and i am not on any medication, and my doc can back this up. Does P8 mean you can never apply again for the army?

hi sorry i can't tell you, for a start i don't even know what p8 means however what a can tell you is your best just to phone/pop in to a careers office and get a "proper answer" ie a factual one as i've seen threads in "joining up regular" where people ask similer questions and get loads of conflicting answers some saying yes others saying no so you'll be no better off and end up having to contact the army anyway

cormack said:
hi sorry i can't tell you, for a start i don't even know what p8 means however what a can tell you is your best just to phone/pop in to a careers office and get a "proper answer" ie a factual one as i've seen threads in "joining up regular" where people ask similer questions and get loads of conflicting answers some saying yes others saying no so you'll be no better off and end up having to contact the army anyway
I was P7 for two yrs with a very broken leg (smashed in four places, plated an screwed back together, was Regs at the time) all it done for me was hold me back for promotion for a couple of years, after being reinstated to full fitness, life was just the same as before being downgraded, but P8 is a different kettle of fish, best to take cormacks advice 8O and ask at the local AFCO. Or ask in the medics forum.

laurencarter said:
Hi, just wondering i got graded P8 5 years ago for a medical condition. However it is now treated, and i am not on any medication, and my doc can back this up. Does P8 mean you can never apply again for the army?
So is this over and above the High Blood pressure & Common Assault unspent conviction? You do have some issues!

You seem to be a recruiters worst nightmare, He/She will have to get out all the books - maybe that's why the unit clerk "lost" your docs!

I would assume if you were dicharged P8 then you would need an assessment by a MO before any application could be persued.

saintstone said:
cormack said:
I was P7 for two yrs with a very broken leg (smashed in four places, plated an screwed back together, was Regs at the time) all it done for me was hold me back for promotion for a couple of years, after being reinstated to full fitness, life was just the same as before being downgraded, but P8 is a different kettle of fish, best to take cormacks advice 8O and ask at the local AFCO. Or ask in the medics forum.
Bet you've avoid those places since.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
saintstone said:
cormack said:
Bet you've avoid those places since.
Bad um tisch. Try the Veal.

:roll:

Sometimes previous medical conditions can prevent you from joining such as previous diagnosis for certain cancers etc. Dunno about blood pressure but it may prevent you from joining if they have it on their special list of previous illnesses that they cannot accept.

As stated before more eloquantly than myself, contact the Careers office

Latest Threads