Grade 1 accom???

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by madpad_01, Sep 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi,

    Not sure this is the right board but hope I will still get some answers.

    firstly, I am shortly going to be posted to a unit (TA) that has no accom for families, I know I will get a private rented accom(3 or 4 bedroom), but how much will this cost me

    Next, What a about electric bills water etc is that part of the rent??

    I have been told that I will have to pay for grade 1 Accom prices but how much is this?? & what qualifies as a grade 1 accom??

    Hope this makes sense to you, thanks in advance

  2. I am surprised no-one else has tried to answer!

    The standard practise appears to be that you will be given the option of 2 or 3 houses that meet your requirement - depending on the size of your family. The rent will be paid by the MOD and you will pay the standard quarter charge for that grade. It will almost certainly be at Grade 1 or 2 level. You know, marble bathrooms, four poster beds, granite kitchen etc :twisted: :twisted: The charges will be detailed on Armynet under pay, charges and allowances.

    Yes, you will pay your own electricity, council tax, gas and water bills as with a quarter, IIRC.

    It should be much nicer than your bog-standard quarter, but you will have to do the work to ensure that you can get your kids into a good school etc.

    And remember that you will have to march out, as well!