Grab/Daysack?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by davyskuller, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another daysack thread I know! However, I did search for PLCE Maxi load and came up with nothing. Just interested to find out if anyone had got one of these and are they worth the money? This seems to be the cheapest price inc. delivery.

http://www.expedoutdoors.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1005

Any feedback(helpful or not:D ) would be appreciated!

Cheers, in advance

DS

Edited to add: Found this thread :oops: Doesn't really offer much in the way of help though..

2. It's been said by a lot of people before, and I'll say it again just in case.

If you want a motherlode, buy a motherlode, not a copy of it

Yes it's cheaper, but ask yourself: how much you'll enjoy having saved a day's pay when your kit is lying all over the ulu and the man with 3 stripes is telling you to move?

if you spend the money and it falls apart and your kit goes everywhere, you can count it down to being bad luck, get a bit annoyed and shout some explicit words, but get over it. If you buy a cheap one and the above happens, again you'll get annoyed and shout explicit words but you'll spend the next week wondering if it wouldn't have happened had you bought a decent one.

3. I have one of these and it's ace. A quality item at an affordable price.

4. I gor one of these free, from the man at Q&M:
    Day sack!

Stilts

5. Cheers for the input folks, has been taken on board! Stilts, need something a bit larger than that, cursed it all the way through Herrick 10!! Will have a butchers at the links! :)

6. Karrimor SF make a non-radio version of the Bowman Bag.... I like it :)

As I posted elsewhere, my concern with the motherlode shape is that it's a zip closure with the opening facing rearwards not upwards. And it's a big opening. Thus, if you fcuk the zip up, it becomes unusable because everything will fall out, quickly.

With buckle-down bags like the NI pack / Arktis daysack (my choice) / Bowman Bag, there's no zips to break, and if you were to break a clip at least they're 'sack' type loading and stuff will stay inside even with a broken clip.

I hope that sorta makes sense.

7. msr

msr LE

8. Cheers MSR

9. The warrior crusader's look alright, but with no personal experiance with one it's a bone comment on my behalf!

I always preferred this to using my bergan, even got away with using it on CFT's take a look it's worth investing in......

Clicky

Even comes with lumicolours for map marking and a first aid pouch :wink:

10. Does it come with crayons and red laboons?! :p

11. Now now Davy behave, comments like that belong in the NAAFI :wink: