GQ versus the rest

E

error_unknown

chickenpunk said:
So what? Basically, the poor b*stard f*cked up and got killed. I'm very sorry for him and his family: nobody deserved to die like that; but it doesn't give his death any special significance. The war in Iraq has attracted a lot of bad people into the area, and Berg was a soft target, no matter what books he was carrying.
So we agree now on these, shall we say, "facts." So the question remains, who used these facts, this as you say "soft target," to their advantage, hein, mon petit punk jaune courageux de poulet?

"When plucking chickens it is best to sever the head first lest it evade the plucker's grasp." - Ensign Flag Parker

E

error_unknown

Generalquarters said:
So we agree now on these, shall we say, "facts." So the question remains, who used these facts, this as you say "soft target," to their advantage, hein, mon petit punk jaune courageux de poulet?

"When plucking chickens it is best to sever the head first lest it evade the plucker's grasp." - Ensign Flag Parker
No. You are attempting to weave Berg's death into an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, which you will ultimately attempt to link to your Holocaust denial psychosis, and I think you are wrong and would benefit from some sessions with a good psychiatrist.

E

error_unknown

chickenpunk said:
No. You are attempting to weave Berg's death into an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, which you will ultimately attempt to link to your Holocaust denial psychosis, and I think you are wrong and would benefit from some sessions with a good psychiatrist.
No I am not (is the shrink cute . . . ?)! Forget the "H" word or Punchline Pongo will pop yur pe pee . . . However, let's let the story fester a little, n'est pas?

E

error_unknown

I am a professional classical guitarist - is that bad enough?[/quote]

So, you spent a lot of time in the Navy strumming?

E

error_unknown

You all may recall the recent furvor over coffins arriving at Dover that the US Department of War has placed off limits to the media. Reason? They claim to protect the family of the fallen and the honor of the service person. Notwithstanding the fact that Berg has no military affiliation, here is a family that wants in. No go says the DOW.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Propaganda_Matrix/message/31353
Date: Sat May 15, 2004 2:03 am
Subject: Cover-up: Why Was Berg's (a civilian) Body Flown to Dover AFB?

"Berg's body arrived Wednesday at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.
His parents had requested permission to be at the base when the
coffin arrived, but that request was denied. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-
Pennsylvania, said Thursday that refusal came from the Department of
Defense."

And Nick Berg was not even a member of the military. He was a
civilian. His burial will take place on "civilian soil," as will the
memorial service.

Maybe they needed a little time at Dover to make sure the condition
of the body fit the cover story.

JON RAPPOPORT www.nomorefakenews.com

E

error_unknown

Generalquarters said:
You all may recall the recent furvor over coffins arriving at Dover that the US Department of War has placed off limits to the media. Reason? They claim to protect the family of the fallen and the honor of the service person. Notwithstanding the fact that Berg has no military affiliation, here is a family that wants in. No go says the DOW.
So? His funeral was yesterday, so it didn't hold anything up, and he wasn't a member of the military.

And do you mean 'furore' or 'fervor'?

E

error_unknown

chickenpunk said:
So, you spent a lot of time in the Navy strumming?
Some on off hours. I was also an officer member of an aviator singing group that toured the US mostly for recruiting purposes. I am singing a slightly different tune today. I hold a degree in structural engineering and a masters in music.

Generalquarters wrote

I hold a degree in structural engineering and a masters in music.
So why are you such a complete TOOL?

E

error_unknown

http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/98/395/12806_Berg.html
Anthony Lucey: Could N.Berg's execution be fake?
05/15/2004 15:25
The following article by Prof. Sam Hamod, the former Director of The Islamic Centre of Washington, DC, is an disturbing analysis supporting Pater Havlasa's suspicions about the disappearance of Nick Berg

Anthony Lucey

The Beheading of Nick Berg in Iraq: A Muslim Perspective

All human beings must give their condolences to the family of Nick Berg who was ignominously beheaded.

This is a heinous and brutal crime, and anyone who would do this is a sinner, an animal, a brute; if captured and proven guilty, those who perpetrated this crime should be punished to the full extent of the law.

If it was Muslims in Iraq, or wherever, because we actually don't know if he was beheaded in Iraq or elsewhere, we as Muslims condemn such behaviour by whoever did it. Mr. Berg, from my understanding, was a person who was working on communications towers for the good of the Iraqi people; he was not a combatant or a mercenary who might have killed or hurt anyone.

Islam makes clear, you do not kill innocent people. The Qur'an states, "To kill one innocent man or woman is to kill all of humanity; to save one human is to save all of humanity."
I say, "If it was Muslims" because there are many other players in Iraq at this time, and we can't be sure it was Muslims or Arabs. There are elements of the slaying that make it appear it may not have been Muslims. When Muslims execute a person, it must be after a proper trial, with credible witnesses, and the person who does the execution must say a prayer for the person being killed and to ask forgiveness for
doing the killing. None of this was done. Also, a proper way of killing in this situation is to cut the throat in one swoop, not to hack at a person's neck.
(snip) Mr. Hamod makes a number of other points.

Generalquarters said:
USS Liberty and now FDR's Pearl Harbor (see Robert Stinnett's book Day of Deceit and more importanly information that has finally been released under FOIA). As a US Naval Officer I always knew I was expendable. Of course every one can make light of that comment at my personal expense, however, anyone who posts here who is/was in the military knows this was the case for themselves too regardless the service in question.
Do you believe Pearl Harbour was an elaborate hoax? I'm fairly well informed on the conspiracy theories, and the responses to them? I won't pretend that you'd be able to have sensible discussion about them - but in case any spectator is interested, the truth is: it wasn't. Things can go wrong, you know.

I love the fact that conspiracy theorists actually have much more faith in government than they think: do they really believe anybody is that much in control that they can perpetrate the staging of, for example, the twin towers and pentagon attacks? Quite amusing really: maybe it's because they don't like to admit nobody really knows what they're doing?

To quote the NAAFI chat:

blessed_baby_cakes said:
[they're] controlled by the fear of control

E

error_unknown

owee said:
I love the fact that conspiracy theorists actually have much more faith in government than they think: do they really believe anybody is that much in control that they can perpetrate the staging of, for example, the twin towers and pentagon attacks? Quite amusing really: maybe it's because they don't like to admit nobody really knows what they're doing?
Absolutely: p*ss ups in breweries are well beyond the scope of MI6, CIA, MI5 etc etc; at least without anyone else finding out about them...

Can anybody actually organise a p*ss up in a brewery? Even at those Scottish Distilleries, you only get a snifter at the end of the tour. If the professionals can't do it, how can agencies like the military and the intelligence services that don't have p*ss up / brewery specific training?

E

error_unknown

Try the Orange Brewery in Pimlico, near Sloane Square. I've organised several p*ss ups there.

I'm not sure that specific p*ss up/brewery training is strictly required: a general training via Sandhurst/Camberley worked for me. Equally, a specific course would probably have worked.

E

error_unknown

http://www.jackblood.com/index/id1.html
JackBlood.com Has Traced The Address Of ‘Islamic Website’ That Posted The Berg Decapitation Video To London, England

The Video Was Uploaded From London, Not Iraq

After several hours of research, JackBlood.com has learned the web addresses for the ‘Islamic Websites’ that posted the Nick Berg decapitation video. The website addresses are www.al-asnar.net and www.al-asnar.biz . Both websites have apparently been disabled by 'authorities.' The location of the web server is reportedly in Malaysia. However, the addresses of the publishers for these sites are located in London, England and Nurnberg, Denmark.
The addresses began to disappear from the internet listings as we reported this development on The Power Hour Radio Show. Apparently, ‘Big Brother’ had been listening to the show and didn’t like the news at all.
The location of the publishers for al-ansar.net appears to be at an Arab Press Building, which appears to be shared by different Arab news publications. The name of the organization is the Arab Press House. The building is apparently the headquarters for news magazines such as, Al Jamilla, Sayidaty, and Al Majallah among others.
The London address is the following:www.al-ansar.net
Arab Press House, Abdel Rahman al-Rashed
184 High Holborn, WCIV78P, London
tel. 020 78318181
The other address is located in Nurnberg, Denmark. It apparently belongs to a man named Omar AbuOmar. His email address is:
alansar_alansar@hotmail.com .
The complete mailing address is the following:www.al-ansar.biz
Omar AbuOmar
New Dream St. 33
Nurnberg, Denmark, 42114
Phone: +965.15441211
Email: alansar_alansar@hotmail.com
Also, this link claims the audio has been 100% tampered with: http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/may2004/150504audiodiscrepancies.htm
Audio Discrepancies Suggest Berg Video Doctored

Khalid Jan | May 15 2004

I’d like to take this time to extend my deepest sympathies to Mr. and Mrs. Berg on their son Nicholas Berg’s brutal murder by the cruel and cold blooded ‘Forces of Evil.’

The video of Nicholas Berg that is circulating on the Internet is 100% doctored. One of the problems I found is as follows:

The beginning of the footage where Nicholas introduces himself, the sound was recorded using camcorders built-in microphone. One can tell it simply by paying attention to the background noise. When the scene changes where Nicholas is sitting on the floor, and other men standing behind him, it is evident that the camcorder was at least 10-12 feet away from the subjects.

The audio quality of the video is very clear. No wires can be seen in the video indicating that an external or a wireless microphone was used for audio either. From a distance of 10 feet, audio reception would not be that clear if the built-in microphone of the camcorder was used. This would produce echo and some background noise.

Definitely, audio track was added later on with the help of a simple non-linear video editing software. For doing this type of work, help of a semi-professional video editor is absolutely necessary.

Visit the Berg Archive at http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/may2004/051104beheadsuscivilian.htm