• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

GPS

Please accept my apologies if I have posted this thread in the wrong section.

I am looking to buy a portable GPS, preferably no more than 170 quid. It's main use will be mapping and will probably get used quite often.

I have came across afew on SOF but I thought I would ask around a bit first, can anyone recommend a GPS? from their own experience maybe? I realize it's a bit of a tight budget but I am not looking to spend hundreds.

Any help or info is much appreichated,

Garmin Foretrex that accepts AAA batteries. RVOps do a good offer on them.
It certainly does well for me when I go long distance walking and mountain biking so will probably be okay for you.

Asking a stupidly obvious question, is it for ops?

I to am looking for a GPS, but not for Ops. I am looking at using it for hill walking in the UK.

Would like to spend no more than £200 and the ability to use it on ops as well would be nice.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Latest Threads