GPMG T-Shirt

MOD's Please feel free to move or delete if this is not in the right place or not appropriate.

I have been bored lately so I decided to create a design for a GPMG T-shirt. It's designed along the same lines as the SLR T-shirt produced by Taff49 a few years ago. Presently I've only done the design. I'm happy if people want to suggest changes.

I have not done any costings, I do know that one colour printing is the most cost effective, so would probably like to keep it to one colour. I can change the colour of both the t-shirt and the wording, if people would prefer it not to be black & white.

I've done t-shirt designs before but they were for profit. If I do get this t-shirt made, I think the easiest thing would be for me to add a few £'s to each t-shirt. This will then be donated to a forces charity. Is this the correct way of doing it? I'm happy if someone else wants to use my designs, if they are better prepared or have more experience of doing this sort of thing.

So here is the design, happy for it to be critiqued:

gpmg8.png
gpmg8a.png

Last edited:
If you click on the image it opens in higher res.
Well it does for me anyhow.

Looks good!

Sorry, I'm more of a Vickers MMG man myself. Must be a 'generation' thing.

Belt fed domination? Could be misconstrued by a certain demographic....
giphy.gif

MOD's Please feel free to move or delete if this is not in the right place or not appropriate.

I have been bored lately so I decided to create a design for a GPMG T-shirt. It's designed along the same lines as the SLR T-shirt produced by Taff49 a few years ago. Presently I've only done the design. I'm happy if people want to suggest changes.

I have not done any costings, I do know that one colour printing is the most cost effective, so would probably like to keep it to one colour. I can change the colour of both the t-shirt and the wording, if people would prefer it not to be black & white.

I've done t-shirt designs before but they were for profit. If I do get this t-shirt made, I think the easiest thing would be for me to add a few £'s to each t-shirt. This will then be donated to a forces charity. Is this the correct way of doing it? I'm happy if someone else wants to use my designs, if they are better prepared or have more experience of doing this sort of thing.

View attachment 487313View attachment 487314
I’d buy that for a dollar!!

Would you have a suggestion on what to change it to or if better to remove it. As I'm the OP it's definitely not going the way I thought :oops:
I was joshing ya....but if you want a suggestion -

The GPMG: He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Or -

The GPMG: Small arms, large holes.

Last edited:
I was joshing ya....but if you want a suggestion -

The GPMG: He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's okay, I didn't take any offence. My reply was a bit sharp because I'm reading another thread and getting wound up. Cheers for the suggestion.

View attachment 487313View attachment 487314
It was the GPMG to old fvkcers (like thee and) me.

Lately (if ArRse is a true reflection) a younger generation, with every reason to be grateful for the comfort afforded by a reliable heavy-duty belt-fed Belgian beast, have dubbed it 'The General'

Mebbe re-think the design (or add an alternative) - unless you're solely the targeting older, fatter, balder Cold Warrior market. :wink:

Latest Threads