GPMG Replacement maybe?

G

GLESGA-NED

HK started with the upgrade of GPMGs last year. As mention in KiT Magazine. Don't need no stinking new gun.

I love using the jimpy especially in the SF role. Im all up for the "if it aint broke dont try and fix it" motto. Doesnt hurt to see what else is out there. The stopping power of the LMG chambered for 5.56 just isnt enough to drop someone at 100m+ wheres as this badboy would have no trouble in doing so. I can see the LMG being replaced with this in years to come. If so, what would become of the jimpy. It would jus be a heavier version of the new LMG, Just a possibilty plenty of ifs and buts.

I love using the jimpy especially in the SF role. Im all up for the "if it aint broke dont try and fix it" motto. Doesnt hurt to see what else is out there. The stopping power of the LMG chambered for 5.56 just isnt enough to drop someone at 100m+ wheres as this badboy would have no trouble in doing so. I can see the LMG being replaced with this in years to come. If so, what would become of the jimpy. It would jus be a heavier version of the new LMG, capiche?
Ahh, I wondered when this would come up.

Have you seen the effects of a penetrating 5.56mm on the human body at 100m compared to 7.62mm?

Perhaps a bigger problem with the LMG is probably the diddy barrel length on our 'para' version, which means that at longer ranges it just turns ammo into brass and noise. And unfortunately the Taleban haven't read the big book of supression - chapter 1: What scares people.

Yep naff all especially if he/she is wearing CBA,

Yep naff all especially if he/she is wearing CBA,
So you're saying a 5.56mm impact on the human body does essentially "naff all"

And how many Taleban do you see wearing CBA with a ballistic plate (most of which are designed to stop 7.62, by the way)?

Your not catching my drift fella, why have the LMG chambered for 5.56 when it can be upscaled to 7.62 and can still be used as a section weapon in the LMG role. This surely if to go ahead would render the GPMG usless (a weapon that is heavy as fook and does the same job) Again im not knocking the jimpy by any means. Im just saying converting the LMG to 7.62 increases the stopping power of the weapon at a fraction of the weight of the jimpy

Z

Zarathustra

I love using the jimpy especially in the SF role. Im all up for the "if it aint broke dont try and fix it" motto. Doesnt hurt to see what else is out there. The stopping power of the LMG chambered for 5.56 just isnt enough to drop someone at 100m+ wheres as this badboy would have no trouble in doing so. I can see the LMG being replaced with this in years to come. If so, what would become of the jimpy. It would jus be a heavier version of the new LMG, Just a possibilty plenty of ifs and buts.
Care to back that up? I've never noticed any problems with using an LMG in a firefight. Just because someones body doesn't explode when they're hit doesn't mean the weapon has no stopping power.

I cannot understand why some people think the GPMG needs replacing with some newer, just because it is newer. The GPMG is still in use for a reason, because it is ******* good at what it does.

And besides, the LMG never made my penis twitch compared to rattling off a GPMG.

I cannot understand why some people think the GPMG needs replacing with some newer, just because it is newer. The GPMG is still in use for a reason, because it is ******* good at what it does.
Do Manroy still produce Gimmpies/Spare parts? Think that#ll be the deciding factor.