GPMG and SLR Mugs

ugly

LE
All these posh folk with dishwashers :(
I was thinking that myself. We have had one since the late 90's, before that I used to get the boys to help me. Panbash never bothered me much after growing up as poor as we were. Mum took me to her house cleaning job in the late 60's and I was astonished to see a dishwasher. The family filled it and mum tidied up and put away!
They could afford a big detached house and a cleaner. They had money.

The big benchmark on arriving in the new middle classes for me was a detached house, two cars and a dishwasher.

I was thinking that myself. We have had one since the late 90's, before that I used to get the boys to help me. Panbash never bothered me much after growing up as poor as we were. Mum took me to her house cleaning job in the late 60's and I was astonished to see a dishwasher. The family filled it and mum tidied up and put away!
They could afford a big detached house and a cleaner. They had money.

The big benchmark on arriving in the new middle classes for me was a detached house, two cars and a dishwasher.
My son used to bitch like a budgie when asked to empy the dishwasher of clean stuff and out it all away.

I reminded him that from age 6 to age 19 when I left home I was expected to wash, dry and put dishes away for a family of five. Taking turns with two sisters.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
My son used to bitch like a budgie when asked to empy the dishwasher of clean stuff and out it all away.

I reminded him that from age 6 to age 19 when I left home I was expected to wash, dry and put dishes away for a family of five. Taking turns with two sisters.
And he said; "Yes, but you were a girl".

Sorry, completely missed your earlier post. I won't be offended if you have allocated the mug to someone else.

Sorry, completely missed your earlier post. I won't be offended if you have allocated the mug to someone else.
No problem. There is still one you could have, I think. I shall check tomorrow morning and PM you.
Happy Christmas!

For those who need it, here are the account details for Holidays4Heroes.

Bank: Holidays4heroes
HSBC
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
Swift: MIDLGB2120G

Thanks all.
GRB
Here you go, aardvark 64. As it's Christmas, a repeat of the bank details for you. I shall post your mug tomorrow; hopefully it will arrive in time to toast the New Year with a mugful of whisky.

Posted yesterday first class. Hope it arrives today in time to welcome in 2018 chez aardvaark.

Please let me know when it arrives.

That exhausts the supplies of mugs and pens in my loft. Thanks everyone for your support.

PS I heard a rumour that someone has a large stash of pens....

Last edited:

W21A

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the SLR mug which turned up safely and was opened as a Xmas pressie to myself on the 25th. I now use it as a guest mug at work and all my 5.56mm comrades complain of a sore shoulder having drunk from it.

Thanks for the SLR mug which turned up safely and was opened as a Xmas pressie to myself on the 25th. I now use it as a guest mug at work and all my 5.56mm comrades complain of a sore shoulder having drunk from it.
Brilliant. You need a REAL mug for real guests. Tell them to watch their cheekbones after prolonged use.;)

Right, folks. Payment details:

Thank you for supporting Holidays4Heroes.

Bank: Holidays4heroes
HSBC
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
Swift: MIDLGB2120G
and PM me the address where I should send the mugs/pens.

Then be patient while I pack with bubble wrap, cardboard and brown paper, and get to a Post Office. I'll let you know when your mug/pen/mug and pen combo is posted.

Thanks all.
GRB
@greyfergie details above. Price £10 PLUS £2.90 postage. If that is ok let me know...

All sent.... Many thanks for organising it all [yet again] you'll get your reward in heaven;-)
I will need your address my dear. Mug is boxed and good to go, but definitely needs a destination.

Apologies. Should have read PMs first. Mug outbound today.

Last edited: