Govt Will Not Release Iraq Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Uncivil_Servant, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Beeb

Jack Straw's vetoed release of cabinet minutes where the legality of the Iraq war was discussed on the grounds that release would do "serious damage" to Cabinet government.

Should "serious damage" instead read "reveal that we've all been lying through our teeth"?
  2. Doesn't take a big leap of imagination really does it?
    It was dubious enough to prompt Robin Cook to resign
  3. Like anyone actually expected them to release them!
    probably find it went something like...

Bliar: Maggie had a war so I WANT A BIGGER WAR or I'm going to sulk!
  4. What is this supposed to mean?!:

Releasing the Cabinet minutes would...
    Guess we'll have to wait until 2010 to see them.

Note, the interests of 'Cabinet government' (not national interests) would be damaged.

I suggest that good government should make good, weighted decisions.

Edited to add. At least there is a discussion around some little governmental secrets in the UK. In countries like Russia it is not expected anytime soon.
  6. It would show what lies Blair and his Government told the public in order to go to war.
  7. Utter stinking bullsh*t . What a breathtaking and blatant attempt to salvo smoke. It's because it would reveal the depth of Tory collusion in this mess and possibly even some of the personal motives involved for supporting the Cabinet when the facts didn't stack up.

It's incredible, this is a Parliamentary Democracy with values enshrined by the Magna Carta is it??

What the **** have you mendacious b*stards done to my Country and it's values?
  8. Bad day? :D
  9. It is now, I've just realised the utter shower we have representing the Mother of Parliaments.
  10. Just? What took you so long?
  11. Why, do you think things will actually change? I suggest we'll have to wait till 2109
  12. Hoping the few good men that do exist in the Palace of Westminster would infect the overwhelming majority.

Forlorn hope
  13. Since when has releasing information constituted a risk to democracy? Oh..... since now........ I get it.
  14. It used to be but not anymore - and I agree nwith you about the Tories as well. They should be on the rooftops screaming bloody murder :(