Govt Compensation for Divorced ATs

Discussion in 'RLC' started by RTFQ, Aug 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. RTFQ


    I can't believe that worked.

    Can any of you hetero pager-handlers tell me what the correct mix for CATM is for use in the SPAL L1A2. I'm on the other side of the world and someone has swapped my Vol. 3 for the back catalogue of Knave magazine, 1982-1985.
  2. The SPAL has been replaced by the Bomb Spray 1 Litre Mk 1.

    AER's Vol3 Pam 27 Pt 9 doesnt actually give any mixes for the CATM all it says in regards to the CATM is just gives a filling of 1 litre and says

    "When required for use, the bottle is filled with an approved Chemical Agent
    Training Mixture (CATM) by the user. CATM, which is an antifreeze derivative, is not
    an ammunition supply item and should not be encountered in ammunition depots."

    Hope this helps. If not give me a PM and I will try and find out some more.

  3. Boring Boring Boring!

    Liven up the troops training by filling it with F-57 and a quite a bit of sugar.

    please don't you'll get in trouble
  4. CATM is polyethylene glycol 300 - see Flight, I was awake! The mixture quantities - are they not on the packaging of CATM? They aren't in any of my AMs or precis.
  5. RTFQ


    Thanks for the replies, I realise in UK service CATM was an item of supply, but I seem to remember a provision for producing it from local sources using AL39? (Ethylene Glycol as cuddles states) and water. Trouble is that vapourising a mixture with a high concentration of ethylene glycol is, to coin a medical phrase, "very fcuking bad for you" should you breathe it in. I wondered if there was any UK guidance/instruction on the matter.

    No worries, I'm just providing advice on the practice of using unregulated, locally manufactured mixtures, not running the serials myself.

    Thanks again